TOTAL'S EARLY DECISION TO INVEST IN QATAR IS PAYING DIVIDENDS, WITH THE STATE BEING A LAUNCHPAD FOR ASIA
- Building a future. MILMO, SEAN // ICIS Chemical Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 9, Special section p8
The article discusses active investment in Europe's petroleum chemicals industry in 2013, despite difficult economic conditions. Topics include investments in schemes that improve efficiencies in production, energy consumption, and logistics, comments from members of the European Petrochemicals...
- Jean-Bernard Lartigue draws out the benefits of integration within Total. Brice, Andy // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p16
Presents an interview with Jean-Bernard Lartigue, president of Total Petrochemicals in Europe. Optimism of the executive about the condition of the petrochemicals industry; Preparedness of the company than some of its competitors to survive the difficult conditions; Role played by expansion in...
- Adapting capacities to the evolution of the market. RAVENSCROFT, MICHAEL // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, pS35
This article discusses the statement issued by Olivier Greiner, vice president of marketing of base chemicals for Europe at Total and a board member of the European Petrochemical Association (EPA). He talks about the threat posed by the lack of competitive feedstock in Europe. He discusses the...
- Total Petrochemicals. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the launch of Total Petrochemicals, the aromatics, olefins, polyolefins, and styrenics business of Total in Brussels, Belgium. Number of ethylene plants in which the company owns stocks; Challenges faced by the company; Plans of Total Petrochemical in its Asian operations.
- Total plans to build petrochemical complex in Iraq. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;3/10/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that Total chemical company has a preliminary agreement with Iraq's Ministry of Industry for building a world-scale petrochemical complex, according to Total executive Patrick PouyannÃ©, and notes the petrochemical industry's expansion in the Middle East region.
- EPCA 2008: Pipelines Raise Competitiveness. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 31, p15
The article reports on the call of European petrochemical (petchem) companies participating in the European Commission's High Level Group (HLG) on the Competitiveness of the Chemicals Industry in the European Union (EU) for the commission to help ensure the long-term survival of the EU petchem...
- Total to acquire PetroFina. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p7
Provides information on the plans of Total company to acquire PetroFina in 1998. Estimated value of PetroFina; Terms under the agreement; Criticisms on the planned merger; Petroleum chemical sales of PetroFina.
- Total Out Of Iran's Olefins 14; NPC Goes It Alone. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/17/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 27, p12
Reports that Total Petrochemicals will not take part in Olefins 14 petrochemical project planned by Iran's National Petrochemical Co. Statement from National Petrochemical Co. managing director Mohammad Hadi about Total's decision; Production capacity of the planned Olefins complex; Other...
- Elastomers unit to go in Atofina reshuffle. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 186 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the reorganization of Total's former Atofina Chemicals branch into the Total Chemicals Division. Business units of the division; Details of the operations of the company's Specialties unit.