A new lease on life for waste plastic in Asia
- Weather Testing. Zielnik, Allen F. // Plastics Technology;Mar2004, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on factors which affect the weather testing of plastics. Reasons plastic products fail in weather testing; Advantages of using polymer and copolymer alloys; Effect of using resin from different plants on plastic performance and processing; Disadvantages of polymer additives; Impact of...
- MARKET UPDATE. // Resource Recycling;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p46
The article presents several news briefs related recycling. Export demand for ferrous materials in the market remain strong, while shippers impose higher charge in moving scraps to other piers due to the increasing cost of fuel. The demand for plastics, on the other hand, is becoming weak...
- Recyclers switch course on ID codes. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;8/13/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p0001
This article discusses the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers' (APR) stance on the use of existing resin identification codes (RIC) used to indicate plastics recycling information. Topics include confusion that occurred over the association's recycling program Education Without...
- Hot Session Topics Include:. // Resource Recycling;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p32
The article offers information on topics related to recycling including the resin markets in North America, a study on plastic waste characterization within healthcare facilities, and the EuCertPlast certification.
- Plastics. // Resource Recycling;Sep2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p45
The article focuses on plastic recycling industry. The price of recovered plastics has dropped indicating the trend in the primary resin market wherein the value of monomers has reduced that led to price weakness. Market analysts claimed that the period of incessant resin price increases is over...
- VIEWPOINT. Loepp, Don // Plastics News;7/5/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p6
In this article the author discusses the aspects of bioplastics. He says that by understanding the advantages and disadvantages of bio-based resins from an environmental perspective, packaging professionals can make informed material selections. He also says that processors are flexible...
- Your Business Recycle Pricing. Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Jun2000, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p104
Presents updates on recycled plastic pricing in the U.S. as of June 2000. Increase in recycled resin prices; Increase in recycled polyethylene teraphthalate prices; Decline in reprocessed polystyrene prices.
- Recycled Resin Prices May Turn Softer. Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p67
Presents an update on recycled resin prices in plastics industry as of July 2003. Comparison of post-industrial polypropylene (PP) prices with post-consumer PP prices; Possibility of decline in recycled high-density polyethylene prices; Factors contributing in steadiness of recycled...
- Glut & poor demand sink recycle prices. Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Dec96, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p63
Focuses on a 1997 forecast for the market of recycled resin demand in the United States. Claim that the market looks weak; Reason municipalities are not eager to recycle; Outlook for HDPE; Observers views about the 1997 start for recycled PET.