The coal race is on in China
- Dow gives some restart details. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/14/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p0003
The article reports that the firm Dow Chemical Co. is set to restart its production of plastic feedstocks ethylene and propylene in Hahnville, Louisiana by 2012.
- Dow Decides to Build a Massive Ethylene Plant at Dutch Complex. MILMO, SEAN // Chemical Market Reporter;02/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Dow Chemical Company's board has approved the construction of an ethylene cracker at Terneuzen, the Netherlands. Why plans for the partnership were abandoned; Effort of Dow to make the cracker economically viable without a partner; Details on the ValuePark program of Dow.
- Dow Selects Seadrift For Ethylene Cracker. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/23/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p2
Announces Dow Chemical Co.'s completion of a review of its U.S. Gulf Coast ethylene operations. Selection of Union Carbide Corp.'s facility in Seadrift, Texas, as the site for the an ethylene cracker; Capital project to be undertaken by Dow Chemical as part of the shutdown process for the...
- Dow Growing North American Businesses With Shale Gas Liquids. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 238 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the plans of Dow Chemical Co. to boost ethylene and propylene production and to integrate its U.S. operations into feedstock opportunities available from increasing supplies of shale gas in the Marcellus and Eagle Ford shale regions.
- Dow launches 'unique' range of elastomers. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the range of plastomers and elastomers launched by Dow Chemical Co. based on solution-polymerised copolymers of propylene and ethylene. Plan of the company to commercialise the Versify-branded products in the second half of 2004; Competitors of Dow; Information on the technology...
- Dow Ethylene Restart Delayed. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p47
Talks about the delay in the restart of the ethylene plant of Dow Chemicals in Plaquemine, Louisiana in March 2000 due to problems with a gas compressor. Result of supply concerns driven by plant operating problems; Expected increase in ethylene contract prices; Nominations for propylene contracts.
- Dow to Replace Carbide Crackers With New Unit. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 42, p9
Reports the plans of Dow Chemical to build an ethylene plant in Texas. Other improvement plans of the company; Reasons for the improvement.
- Dow to Upgrade Its US Olefins Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/12/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical to modernize and upgrade its olefins operations in the United States Gulf Coast. Intention of Dow to construct a chemical plant at either Seadrift or in Freeport, Texas by 2005; Improvements for the logistics and feedstock flexibility of its Saint Charles...
- Houston Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;01/31/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the expansion of Light Hydrocarbon-8 facility at Freeport, Maine, of Dow Chemical Company. Percentage of the unit's ethylene capacity to be increased; Value of the capital expansion project.