SPECIALITY CHEMICAL PLAYERS LEAD THE PACK
- Petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/13/2002, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p14
Reports on developments in the petrochemicals industry as of January 2003. Prices for Rohm and Haas Co.'s acrylate and methacrylate monomers; BTX's benzene contracts.
- Specialty Price Watch. // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p23
The article reports on the prices of specialty chemicals in the market. Degussa says it will increase prices for all fumed silica grades under the Aerosil trade name and all dispersions under the Aerodisp trade name by 3%-8%, depending on product grade and location, effective August 1, 2007....
- R&H to Hike Prices 5%-15% on Most Products. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;10/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 35, p7
The article reports on the plan of Rohm and Haas to increase prices on most of its chemical products due to persistently high raw material costs. Price hikes will range from 5 percent-15 percent, depending on business segment and geographic region, R&H says. Most increases are effective November...
- Rohm and Haas Forms New Unit. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p45
Provides information on a business unit formed by Rohm and Haas for consumer and production specialties, out of its biocides, formulation and chemicals operations. Products to be manufactured by the unit.
- Staying away from mud fights. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 394, p8
Reports on the changes to the businesses of Rohm and Haas as of March 2003. Investment in technology; Transactions completed by the company; Comment from the company's chairman and chief executive officer, Raj Gupta on the strategy of the company to strengthen its position in the chemical industry.
- R&H Further Details Restructuring Plan. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p12
Provides information on the restructuring plans of Rohm and Haas. Percentage of the company's employees to be terminated; Comments from Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of the company.
- Rohm and Haas Embarks on Massive Overhaul. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;5/7/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the restructuring of Rohm and Haas Co. as of May 7, 2001. Efforts of the chemical company to reduce annual operating costs; Decrease in the earnings of its polymers business group; Effect of the decline in its North American printed wiring board business.
- Rohm and Haas Announces 2Q Profit Shortfall. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the financial performance of chemical company Rohm and Haas Co. in the second quarter of 2003 which is short of expectations. Estimated net income; Charges for restructuring and asset impairment.
- Chemical Stocks Take Their Lumps As Wall Street Tempers Optimism. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;9/30/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the decline the prices of chemical stocks in the U.S. in September 2002 set by the disappointing pre-announcement from specialty chemicals firm, Rohm and Haas Co. Significant chemical stocks with lower prices; Strong performance of specialty chemicals in spite of the downward trend;...