Japan undertakes bioethanol push
- Farming a green future. Shahmanesh-Banks, Nargess // Automotive Engineer;Dec2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Ford Motor Co. has launched its new generation automobiles. The Focus Flexi-Fuel and the Focus C-Max Flexi-Fuel low carbon dioxide are bioethanol powered automobiles. These new automobiles are capable of on both bio ethanol and petrol. It is believed that Ford was the...
- American Dream? Fowler, David // Engineer (00137758);3/19/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7647, p22
Diesel is expected to break through the 50 percent market share barrier in Europe by 2008, with leading car manufacturers now introducing the fuel to their luxury ranges. Besides, diesel technology is advancing rapidly. Today's engines bear little resemblance to their predecessors and are the...
- INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE ADAPTATION FOR ALTERNATIVE FUEL. Raudys, Rytis; Bazaras, Zilvinas; Marksaitis, Donatas // Transport & Engineering;2007, Vol. 25, preceding p51
One of the major challenges of automotive industry is to find alternative fuel for internal combustion engine (ICE). Alcohol (or their blends) - one of the most perspective fuel for (ICE). Such engines fed by ethanol require minimal modifications.
- Effect of low-sulfur fuels upon NH3 and N2O emission during operation of commercial three-way catalytic converters. Mejía-Centeno, Isidro; Martínez-Hernández, Angel; Fuentes, Gustavo // Topics in Catalysis;May2007, Vol. 42/43 Issue 1-4, p381
The use of low-sulfur fuel is known to improve the performance of the three-way catalytic converter (TWC). However, in this work we report how low-sulfur operation of commercial TWC also favors formation of N2O and NH3 as by products. We found that low-sulfur rich operation above 300 Â°C...
- EstimaÃ§Ã£o das emissÃµes originadas de veÃculos leves na cidade de MaringÃ¡ para o ano de 2005. Lima, Ed Pinheiro; Gimenes, Marcelino Luiz; Lima, Oswaldo Curty da Mota // Acta Scientiarum: Technology;Jan-Jun2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p43
In this paper, Cetesb's the methodology is adopted to analyze the emissions of main pollutants from vehicles using alcohol and gasoline in the city of Maringa in the year of 2005. The considered fleet is constituted by the registered vehicles in the cadastre of Detran-PR with ear-model equal or...
- Burning bio. East, Roger // Green Futures;May/Jun2006, Issue 58, p8
The article presents bioethanol as an alternative road fuel in the United Kingdom. The Harvest BioEthanol E85 is produced from sugar beet or cereals with a blend of 15 percent ordinary petrol and must be used with specially designed engine like Saab 9-5 BioPower and the Ford Flexifuel model....
- Fuel watch. Gliddon, Josh // Wheels;Nov2003, p24
Discusses the Australian Fuel Quality Standards Act of 2000. Coverage of the act; Introduction of carbon dioxide emissions in the automobile fuel consumption label starting January 2004; Provisions of the legislation.
- The Secret lives of Plug-ins. Boschert, Sherry // Yes!;Spring2008, Issue 45, p37
The article discusses the significance of gasoline free electric cars in reducing global climatic changes. Studies show that people do not want to drive in electricity powered cars because they did not want to stop every 120-250 miles to recharge as required by electric-driven cars while some...
- Technology Brings More Power, Better Fuel Economy. Tincher, Sarah // State Journal (WV);10/17/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p11
No abstract available.