5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- European SR consumption up on '98. // Chemical Business;Apr99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p84
Reports on the increase in consumption of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) in Europe in 1998. Forecast on SBR consumption in western Europe; Reason for the higher consumption of SBR; Prediction on the annual growth rate of SBR consumption in central Europe.
- SBR producers optimistic decrease will be resisted. Hine, Shirin; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p27
The article reports on the optimism of styrene butadiene rubber producers that spot prices will remain stable in the third quarter in 2007. SBR prices have remained stable since the second quarter contracts rose by â‚¬20/tonne or $27/tonne because of high butadiene costs upstream. Current...
- Asia SBR may halt falls as makers cut output, eye Europe export. Yan, Helen // ICIS Chemical Business;4/7/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that Asian producers of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) tighten regional supply by cutting production and plan more exports to Europe in an attempt to arrest SBR declining prices, as non-oil grade 1502 SBR prices were assessed 100 dollars lower on March 19, 2014.
- Dynamic mechanical analyses of SBS block copolymers containing tackifiers. Nakajima, N. // Rubber World;Dec96, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p33
Presents dynamic mechanical analyses (DMA) of the styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS) block copolymers, Shell Chemical's Kraton D-1101 and D-1102, containing tackifiers, Goodyear's W-95 and W-10. Specimen preparations; Temperature dependence at different blend ratios; Frequency dependence at...
- High-flow SB copolymer. // Plastics Technology;Dec95, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p68
Reports that easy-flowing grade of K-Resin styrene-butadiene copolymer is said to allow easier filling of thin-wall injection molded containers, bottles, medical devices, toys, and displays. Features of Grade BK10.
- Chemical profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/12/97, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p49
Focuses on styrene-butadiene rubber (SRB). Producers; Demand for SRB; Market growth; Uses; Strengths and weaknesses; Market outlook.
- GPRO to build Jiangsu SBR. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 442, p24
Reports on the plan of GPRO Chemical Co. to build styrene butadiene rubber units at the Nanjing Chemical Industry Park in Jiangsu, China in August 2004. Company that would provide part of the styrene and butadiene feedstock; Details of the construction stages. INSETS: GPRO in talks with MMA...
- Styrene. BALBOA, BRIAN // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 16, p32
The article offers a profile of the chemical styrene. Uses for styrene include as a feedstock in the production of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR), acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), and styrene acrylonitrile (SAN) resins. Topics include styrene supply and demand, styrene prices, and...
- Resistance building to SBR price hikes. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 457, p24
States that buyer resistance is making price hikes to styrene butadiene rubber in Asia as of August 23, 2004. Contract and spot prices of the chemical; Desire of a Japanese producer to ask for further increase in prices; Performance of the market.