BP pushes biofuel accelerator
- Fueling the Future. Obama, Barack // American Prospect;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pA12
Presents views on the need of the U.S. automobile manufacturers to use biofuels and develop fuel-efficient cars. Vision of businessman Henry Ford on the use of biofuels since the inception of his automobile company in 1925; Information on the legislation Health Care for Hybrids; Utilization of...
- EU closer to limiting crop-based biofuels. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Aug2013, Issue 866, p62
The article reports that the Environment Committee of the European Parliament has approved the draft legislation that will cap the proportion of first generation biofuel in transport fuel at 5.5 percent.
- ASK TIP SHEET. Taulane, Anne // Newsweek;3/21/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p67
Discusses how automobile companies decide on which side to put the fuel filler cap and whether or not it is regulated.
- U.S. ENERGY BILL RAISES BAR FOR AUTO FUEL EFFICIENCY. // Composites Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p9
The article announces the passage into law of a U.S. Energy Bill that seeks to aim fuel-efficiency standards. It is mentioned that last December 19, 2007, President George W. Bush signed into law the energy bill that mandates the use of biofuels in all U.S. cars and trucks. The bill, agreed upon...
- W.Va. Senate OKs Standards For Vehicle Retrofits. // State Journal (WV);2/28/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p31
The article reports on the move of the West Virginia Senate to approve the bill which would allow vehicles to run on alternative fuels if it is retrofitted with an Environmental Protection Agency-certified conversion kit.
- WISCONSIN BIOENERGY PROJECTS HELPED BY GRANTS. // BioCycle;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses Wisconsin's initiative called "Focus on Energy" which has awarded over $973,000 in grants to programs that foster bioenergy projects. The research projects which were given funding include biomass wood energy systems and anaerobic digesters, both of which are expected to...
- Advanced Biofuels Producers Say RFS Targets Out Of Reach. Rickman, Johnathan // Energy Daily;11/6/2009, p3
The article reports that officials from the advanced biofuels industry have warned the U.S. Congress about the inability of producers to meet the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) requirements without new financial aid and enduring government policy. The RFS requires motor fuel blenders and...
- GENERAL. // Biomass Bulletin;2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p54
The article presents abstracts on biomass energy which include biofuel support regulations in Europe, the role of energy regulations in renewable energy achievements, and the biodiesel policies in Brazil.
- Senators Study Biofuels. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/17/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on legislation for biofuels. The 109th U.S. Congress is a new opportunity for lawmakers to pass a comprehensive energy bill that includes a strong renewable fuels package, says U.S. Senator Jim Talent. While many of the new technologies that Congress has considered are still...