Reading, writing and…chemical formulas
- Solvay to boost European sodium chemicals capacity. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p75
Reports on Solvay's expansion of its two European facilities that make sodium bicarbonate and carbonate.
- Solvay cuts jobs in Belgium. // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Solvay's staff reductions at its polyvinyl chloride plant in Belgium as part of a restructuring program.
- Solvay dismisses demerger talk. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Solvay SA's denial of rumors that it is planning to demerge its pharmaceuticals operations from its chemicals, plastics and processing operations. Comments from company officials; Financial performance in 1997.
- Solvay to focus on human health. N.T. // Chemical Week;10/2/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 37, p17
Reports on Solvay's plans to focus its strategy on human health operations. Reinvestment of proceeds from the sale of animal health business to American Home Products; Increase in market share for pharmaceuticals.
- Solvay has first loss since 1981. GW // Chemical Week;2/9/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Solvay Group. Financial problems despite growth in the United states and Asia/Pacific; Sales decline in 1992; Exceptional charges for the closure of soda ash plants; Losses in plastics division; Effect of poor European economic conditions; Restructuring plans.
- Solvay to buy 60% of Sodi. // Chemical Business;Jan1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p104A
Reports on Solvay's preliminary agreement to acquire a 60 percent stake in Bulgarian soda ash producer Sodi from the government. General Chemical's similar interest in the privatization of Sodi; Solvay's plans to upgrade the Sodi synthetic soda ash plant at Devnya.
- Solvay sees a delay in soda ash purchase. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;1/27/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the inability of Solvay SA to meet a deadline at the end of February 1997 for closing a deal to take control of the Bulgarian state-owned company Sodi.
- Solvay profitable again as Europe recovers. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/1/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p16
Presents information on Solvay's 1994 performance. Net profit; Increase in consolidated sales; Strategies employed; Products offered by the company.
- Solvay sells Spanish salt company. // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p7
Reports that Solvay SA will sell its majority share in Union Salinera de Espana to Compagnie des Salins du Midi et des Salines de l'Est.