- Counterfeit wines in China becoming an issue. Port, Jeni // Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker;2010, Issue 559, p105
The article reports on the prevalence of counterfeit wines in China. It discusses the key issues raised by wine student Rhys Pender of British Columbia in his dissertation entitled "Counterfeit Wine: Its Impact on the Business of Wine." According to Pender, wine companies experience substantial...
- Frank, the wine guy. Marquez, Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/3/2005, Issue 932, p57
Comments on the prevalence of fraud in the wine industry. Tendency of wine salespeople to lie about the quality of the wine, its price and about discounts; Recollection of a scandal which almost destroyed the Italian wine industry; Loopholes of the U.S. government's American Viticultural Areas rule.
- Vine on Wine. Vine, Richard // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p67
Provides information related to pink wines in the U.S. Information on manufacture of pink wine; Details on the sale of counterfeit wine; Information on the romance in pink wines from France.
- Faking It. Port, Jeni // Australian Gourmet Traveller WINE;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the issue of counterfeit wines finding their way to markets in Australia, with special reference to Penfolds Grange wine, which is the prime target for fraudsters in Australia because of its price and profile. In 2002, six bottles of 1976 Penfolds Grange, which were...
- DRINKLINE. Scarpa, James; McGraw, Karen // Restaurant Business;11/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p88
Reports developments on beverage industry in the United States. Concept on View-Master Masterpiece Drinks Menu; Activities in Cosmopolitan Bar and Lava Lounge; List of wines and meaty wine-country dishes in Beau-Vine restaurant.
- Product Hit Parade. Crecca, Donna Hood // Cheers;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the new liqueurs launched in the market and another about the sparkling wine scene.
- CELLARS MARKET. Garr, Robin // Louisville Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p86
Features several varieties of wine found in Louisville, Kentucky.
- The big picture. // Harpers Wine & Spirit;Nov2012 Supplement, p4
The article offers information on the diverse wine making system in Spain. It states that the quality of the wines was perfect with the combination of indigenous varieties. It further discusses the market of wine with Great Britain considered as an important market for the collective Spanish...
- In this issue. Jones, Lauren // Australian & New Zealand Wine Industry Journal;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one by Dr. Richard Smart on his outlook for the Australian wine industry, one by Rachel Gore on the options available to winemakers in clarifying white winegrape juice including earth filtration and centifugation and...