- Steve Heyer is waiting by the phone for you. Graser, Marc // Advertising Age;2/13/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p37
The article presents an interview with Steven J. Heyer, CEO of Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Business plans of the company are unveiled. According to Heyer, Starwood is open to branded-entertainment ideas from anyone, as long as it helps differentiate the hotel's brands from its rivals. Deals made...
- New Sheraton Hotel to rise in Pasay City. // Filipino Reporter;10/5/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p44
The article reports on the deal between Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. and Resorts World Manila to open a new Sheraton hotel in Pasay City, the Philippines.
- Starwood closes on sale of hotel portfolio. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/24/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p20
The article states that Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. said it has closed on a sale of 28 hotels to Host Marriott Corp. Under the long-term management agreements the hotels will remain in the Starwood system and continue to be managed by Starwood. The total value of the transaction for...
- BREAKING news. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/4/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 17, p1
This article presents news briefs, related to the hospitality industry, as of October 04, 2004. Richard North stepped down is chief executive and director of Intercontinental Hotels Group at the end of September. He had been chief executive since October 2002. David Webster, the nonexecutive...
- Meridien may sell off all European hotels. // Business Travel World;Jul2003, p10
Reports on the possible sale of the continental hotels business of Le Meridien to Blackstone. Plan of Blackstone in making a proposal; Financial status of Le Meridien; Background on the business of Blackstone.
- Shark fins off menus. // Travel Daily;4/8/2014, p7
The article announces the decision of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide to eliminate shark-fin products off its menu as part of its commitment to sustainability.
- 20 Le Meridien openings as Starwood buys in. // Travel Trade;5/18/2005, p21
Reports on the decision of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Inc. to buy Le MÃ©ridien Hotels and Resorts brand and manage all of its worldwide properties. Opening of various Le MÃ©ridien properties throughout the world; Details of the Le MÃ©ridien She Shan in Shanghai, China; Expected opening of...
- check IN. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/20/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 16, p76
Reports on developments involving hotels in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004. Promo offered by Le MÃ©ridien Hotels & Resorts and Visa for Visa card holders; Availability of the Sofitel Excellence package for business travelers; Spa program offered by the Mandarin Oriental.
- Meridien selling Madrid Ritz to bolster finances. // Business Travel World;May2003, p6
Reports on the decision of Le Meridien to sell Hotel Ritz in Madrid, Spain. Amount expected from the sale; Other hotels in Great Britain sold by the company; Information on the decline of hotel occupancy level in London, England.