The Rough End Of the Business
- Running on empty in fuel crisis. // Marketing Event;Oct2000, p82
Reports that Wembley, the host venue for Emap's Independent Living 2000, offered free parking to visitors during the fair in London, England. Features of the exhibition.
- Emap Radio has launched websites for the five radio... // Campaign (UK);02/26/99, Issue 8, p20
Reports broadcast firm Emap PLC's launching of websites for the five radio stations within the firm's Big City network in Great Britain.
- Emap signs up partners for More! site. // New Media Age;2/13/2003, p2
Reports on partnerships formed by Emap with several online companies for the launch of a Web site for its 'More!' magazine. Features of the site; Sponsors of the site; Expectations on the profitability of the site.
- Emap in reasonable shape. Alalouff, Ron // Printing World;7/15/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the financial performance of consumer magazine publisher Emap in France and Great Britain as of July 15, 2004. Good revenue circulation and advertising in Great Britain; Good performance of business to business display advertising; More challenging situation in France due to strong...
- CITY NEWS. // Campaign (UK);9/14/2007, Issue 37, p7
The article offers business news from Great Britain. Emap PLC is considering loaning money to potential buyers of its three divisions. Successful bids for the business would be funded by Emap. SMG is looking at selling Virgin Radio as an alternative to its proposed flotation on the stock...
- Emap reports revenue gains in first quarter. // Event;Apr2003, p4
Reports on the increased revenues for Emap's exhibition business in the first quarter ending March 31, 2003. Percentage of visitors at Emap's Autumn and Spring Fairs; Revenue of Emap Communications.
- United Banner For U.K. Fairs. Cambridge, Caroline // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/24/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 101, p18
Reports on the growth of EMAP Fashion in Great Britain, following its acquisition of the Premier Womenswear and Kids shows in 1999 from Miller Freeman. EMAP's desire to supplement its 40 Degrees and Pure exhibitions; EMAP's decision to combine the exhibitions in London, England.
- TBS target merchants. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov2000, p8
Deals with the rebate strategy of Interbuild exhibition show organizers Emap MEL to encourage merchants to bring in more customers to their exhibition at the Olympia Grand Hall in London, England in May 2001. Value of the rebates; What merchants need to do to obtain the subsidy.
- Montgomery in naming rights hitch. // Event;Apr2002, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Montgomery Exhibitions company to lobby its business partner Emap company to allow it to rebrand the building show at King's Hall in Belfast as Interbuild. Information on the Interbuild name; Possible name to be used by the company if Emap will not agree with them; ...