TECHIES COME HOME
- Homeward bound? // Business News New Jersey;01/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Warns entrepreneurs on starting a business in 1999.
- Grabbing a fair share. Davis, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 43, pME1
Reports the success of minority entrepreneurs in Chicago, Illinois. Accounts on the beginnings of minority entrepreneurs; Obstacles encountered; Statistics on minority-owned business.
- Restructuring firm thrives as more companies take dive. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p20
Reports the progress of the restructuring firm Executive Sounding Board Associates (ESBA). Enumeration of other members of ESBA; Views of businessman William Henrich on the restructuring of a bankrupt company; Consideration on the management and devices to fix the operational problem of basic...
- New York's other boroughs ringing up mall retailers. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p27
Reports the urban expansion strategy of New York business entrepreneurs to achieve profit growth in New York. Significance of searching storefronts in the boroughs beyond Manhattan; Recognition of the strategic location of mall merchants; Consideration of the urban shopping districts as safer...
- Walking the tightrope. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on the attitude of businessmen towards the industry in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Provision of no-cost placement services to companies directly affected by the incident; Assistance to firms that are moving to the state; Efforts to...
- Tucson: Start spreading the news. Smith, Rod // Inside Tucson Business;09/21/98, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p4
Editorial. Discusses the perceptions of business leaders in the Southwestern States on Tucson, Arizona's business community. Lack of quality destination resorts; University of Arizona as a second-rate state teachers and agricultural college.
- Brothers keep businesses under one roof. Hansen, Teresa // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p22
Focuses on Tucson, Arizona-based businessmen Humberto, Oscar and Ramses Stevens. Career histories; Influence of the brothers' father on their businesses; Products and services offered by the Stevens' companies.
- Best & worst of 1998. Bellard, David; O'Donnell, Ellie // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p42
Highlights the best and worst experiences of executives in Louisiana in 1998. Includes Diamond Data Systems Inc. manager Michael Kulivan Jr.; Petronyx LLC Consulting Engineers President Robert Zone; Crescent City Holdings chief operating officer Sal Scalia.
- Publisher's notes. McLellan, Carolyn W. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/21/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p3
Presents business-related news items in New Orleans, Louisiana in the week of June 21, 1999. Includes list of the 20 finalists in the 1999 Ernst & Young Louisiana Entrepreneur of the Year program; Holding of the IV Energy Ministerial Conference; Inter-American Development Bank's annual meeting.