Big Box Walk
- Big (Box) Talk. Kelly, Tim; Minami, Kiyoe // Forbes Asia;3/27/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on the effort of South Korean retail store Shinsegae to go up against top retail stores including Wal-Mart. Hak-Su Koo, CEO of Shinsegae, aims to make Shinsegae the region's biggest retail group by 2020. Myung-Hee Lee is the largest shareholder of Shinsegae. Shinsegae has 5...
- Wal-Mart: exiting South Korea. // MarketWatch: Food;Jul2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has announced the sale of its South Korean business to Shinsegae Co. for around $882 million. This movement reflects the struggles of global retailers on the impact of the difficult Asian market. Investors are looking for certain Asian markets that...
- Wal-Mart cuts losses, exits South Korea. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;6/12/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decision by Wal-Mart Stores to exit South Korea and sell its 16-store operation in the country for the amount of 882 million dollars to Shinsegae Co. The purpose of which was to cut its incurrence of lose that might hinder their path to global expansion. According to...
- Wal-Mart: exiting South Korea. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jul2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p60
The article reports on the announcement of retailer company Wal-Mart Inc. to sell its business in South Korea to Shinsegae Co. Wal-Mart entered south Korea in 1998 but its performance has been disappointing and it has failed to make its mark in the country's top five retailers. The withdrawal of...
- A World of Retail Adventure. Johnson, Jay L. // Retail Merchandiser;Nov2000, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p43
Provides information on the top global retailers in 1999. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.; Carrefour Group; The Kroger Co.; Growth strategy; Role of electronic retailing in globalization.
- What's Next for the Retail Industry? Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;May2003, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p4
Discusses possible trends in the retail industry by the year 2010. Adoption of a multi-format strategy to meet the individual needs of consumers; Success of retail chain Wal-Mart; Growth of supercenters.
- Wal-Mart eyes the French market and Auchan chain. // In-Store Marketing;Oct2001, p5
Reports on the plan of U.S. retailer Wal-Mart to enter the French market and to acquire grocery retailer, Auchan. Competitors of Wal-Mart; Reasons for acquiring the grocery retailer; Estimation on the increase in the European sales of Wal-Mart.
- TAKING MOVIE, MUSIC RETAIL BRAWN ONLINE. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p37
Focuses on the operations at U.S.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s entertainment division. Financial performance of the entertainment section of the stores; Details on the services of the company; Pricing strategies.
- Vendors armed with data to meet future. // Chain Store Age;Dec99, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p92
Probes on the partnership between Wal-Mart and its vendors. Expectations of Wal-Mart on its information-sharing collaboration with its vendors; Vendors that formed partnership with Wal-Mart; Views on the company's retail strategy.