IN THIS WEEK
- 10 YEARS AGO. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p46
The article provides information on events related to the petrochemical industry which occurred in 1996. In September 1996, a decision on the planned merger of Thailand's National Petrochemical Co. and Thai Olefin Co. looks set to be postponed to the next year instead of this December, according...
- Asian merger plan has date. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2095, p6
Reports that a decision will be made between May-June 2004 about whether the merger of Thailand's National Petrochemical, Thai Olefins and Aromatics Thailand should be pursued. Reason for the abandonment of the proposed merger of the three Petroleum Authority of Thailand subsidiaries in 1999;...
- Merger of Thailand's NPC, TOC Receives Board Approval. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/13/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 23, p21
Reports on the board approval of the merger of National Petrochemical and Thai Olefins Co. Details on the merger deal; Information on the future of the merged companies; Operations of the companies.
- Thai master plan gathers pace. Richardson, John; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;9/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 506, p21
Focuses on the responses to the development of the third master plan for the construction of petrochemical plants in Thailand. Plan of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to support the initiative; Plan of National Petrochemical Co. and Thai Olefins Co. to build a cracker complex as part of the...
- ...npc, Thai Olefins may be merged. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p16
Reports of plans to conduct a feasibility study of a merger between National Petrochemical Company (NPC) and Thai Olefins (TCO). What the merger entails; When the company expects to conduct a study; What NPC does.
- NPC rejects TOC merger. // Chemical Week;12/4/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 47, p8
Reports on Thailand-based National Petrochemical Co.'s (NPC) rejection of the planned merger with Thai Olefins (TOC). Total debts owed by TOC; Decision on strategy for reducing debt burden.
- NPC considers scrapping merger with TOC. Singh, Baldave // Chemical Week;10/30/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 41, p24
Reports on the plans of Thailand's National Petrochemical Co. to cancel a proposed merger with Thai Olefins. Review of merger between Finance One and Union Bank of Switzerland; Rationale for the merger; Reasons for planning to scrap the merger plan.
- NPC may raise TOC stake; merger still being considered. Singh, Baldave // Chemical Week;5/14/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 19, p20
Reports on National Petrochemical Company's (NPC) plans to increase its stake in Thai Olefins (TOC) if TOC announces a capital increase. How the companies will revive merger plans; TOC intension of offsetting its 1996 losses; NPC's current stake in TOC; TOC other projects.
- Cementhai Seeks Mergers in Olefins, Polyolefins. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/10/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 42, p31
Reports that Cementhai Chemical, the chemicals subsidiary of Siam Cement, has confirmed its negotiations with Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) to merge with PTT affiliate Thai Olefins. Implications of the merger; Other business negotiations of Cementhai.