US markets bear brunt of storms
- Butadiene contract finally settles. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p40
The article details the price trends at the commodity petrochemicals markets as of April 23, 2007. Second quarter butadiene contracts have been agreed having a rise of â‚¬25/tonne, taking rates to a â‚¬905/tonne. The market is reported to be tightening due to turnarounds at extraction...
- Surprises shift price outlook for ethylene and benzene in the US. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;6/23/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 17, p29
The article discusses supply and demand of petroleum chemicals in the U.S. in June-August 2014. It is forecast that supplies of ethylene will be limited through August, resulting in higher prices. Stable priced are forecast for propylene in that period. A June 2014 increase in benzene prices is...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/14/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on recent developments in the petrochemicals industry, as of February 14, 2005. Benzene, toluene and xylene spot deals for February 2005 were scarce although a load of offers were out around the $3.15 per gallon range. Dow Chemical Co. is increasing the price for propylene...
- Benzene plunges. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/4/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 485, p25
Offers a look at the market performance of the petrochemical industry as of April 2005. Decrease in the prices of benzene in Korea; Effect of the demand for toluene in China on its prices; Prices of mixed xylene in China; Deals forged by Japanese producers to supply paraxylene in Taiwan.
- petrochemicals: In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the price of benzene in the petrochemical industry. Increase in the prices of benzene; Performance of xylenes market.
- Propylene. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2095, p17
Focuses on the status of the propylene market as of April 2004. Primary derivatives of propylene; Supply and demand for the product; Global demand outlook for propylene.
- No reason to get excited. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 444, p12
Discusses the views of the acrylonitrile sector on the recovery in petrochemical pricing in Asia. Information on the ammonia and propylene cost pressures; Reasons behind the strong supply of ammonia and propylene; Forecast on the demand growth of acrylonitrile in the region.
- Reviving fortunes. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;3/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 483, p12
Discusses the condition of the petrochemical industry as of March 2005. Comparison of the prices of propylene in Asia and in Europe; Significance of the level of demand for polyvinyl chloride to the chemical industry; Expectations regarding competition between the markets for dioctyl phthalate...
- A rollercoaster ride for styrene. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p23
Looks at the market condition for benzene, styrene, toluene, paraxylene, orthoxylene and xylene in Asia. Production volume of benzene in 2002; Prices of toluene; Spot prices for mixed xylenes; Volatility of styrene prices.