Asia curbs aromatics price surge
- Still on a high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p14
Presents a 2005 outlook on the prices and margins related to the Asian petroleum chemicals industry. Fluctuation of ethylene prices; Expectation on propylene shortages; Reason cited for the increase in the prices of butadiene.
- Producers Seek More Increases For Major Olefins. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the price increases nominated by producers of ethylene and propylene for July 2000. Rate per-pound increase sought by producers for ethylene and propylene; Overall ethylene demand in the second quarter of 2000; Warning of the economists on petrochemical market.
- Contracts dominate thoughts. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p46
The article presents an overview of the commodity petrochemical markets as of December 2006. Butadiene prices in Asia fall by more than $100/tonne on weak demand and rising inventories. The first ethylene December-January bi-monthly contracts have been agreed down â‚¬ 55/tonne at â‚¬...
- Naphtha strengthens. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 481, p26
Provides information on the prices of several chemical products in Asia as of March 2005. Naptha; Ethylene; Propylene.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;1/28/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p31
The article reports on price trends in the chemical industry. In the U.S., both ethane and naphtha eased lower by 2 cts/gal, while propane lost 1 ct/gal. Spot ethylene prices lost a penny on easing crude oil prices, but propylene prices had yet to react, sources say. Aromatics were mixed,...
- Commodities remain thinly traded. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p40
The article reports on the commodity petrochemicals markets. European naphtha cargoes were heard at $683-687 per ton. Tight gasoline supply in the U.S. prevented surplus naphtha cargoes from flowing to Asia, adding to shortages of naphtha spot volumes. Spot ethylene prices are $1,220-$1,250 per...
- Markets are steady, but trade is thin. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p40
This article looks at the state of the commodity petrochemical market in 2006. In Asia and Europe, buying activity remains stilted for aromatics, while ethylene continues to endure the cracker turnaround season. Asian naphtha surged following crude's rally, but further increases may be capped by...
- Ammonia upbeat. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 449, p26
Provides statistics related to the prices of petrochemicals in Asia. Factors that impacted the increase of ammonia prices in the region; Reason for the decline in naphtha prices; Increase in ethylene prices.
- Trade thins as demand falters. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p38
The article provides information on chemical markets as of September 7, 2006. The seasonal fall in Asian naphtha demand due to cracker turnarounds was apparent and numbers slipped further. European ethylene numbers have seen little movement and remain well above third-quarter contract levels....