- End the SR&ED gravy train, panel recommends. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/22/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 17, pE1247
The article reports on the need to simplify the $3.5 billion per year scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax credit program in Canada based on the Independent Panel on Federal Support to Research and Development. It mentions the proposed establishment of an Industrial...
- Cooperative extension. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;2/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the extension of funding for federal programs Small Business Innovation Research and the Small Business Technology Transfer until April 30, 2010 in the U.S.
- THE FORGOTTEN SECTOR. Gome, Amanda // BRW;5/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p44
Focuses on the changes in the Australia government's fiscal 2003-2004 budget that cause disappointment among small businesses. Lack of measures for the commercialization of research and the development of new ventures; Promotion of employee share ownership for workers.
- FDA Blasted for Slow Processes. // Health Data Management;Mar2015, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that research and development and regulatory process for drugs and devices is prevented by inefficiencies getting in the way of getting safe treatments and cures to patients effectively, according to a report issued on January 29, 2015 by U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and...
- local briefs. // Chicago Citizen;5/5/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p2
The article offers news briefs in Illinois which include the plan of Scott Lee Cohen to run for Governor as an independent candidate after accusations were raised regarding his past steroid use and failure to pay child support and the deadline for the Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF) grant...
- If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is! Simpson, Catherine // Fort Worth Business Press;11/16/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Provides information on government financial assistance programs for small businesses in the United States. Guarantees provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for loans made through SBA-certified banks; Small Business Innovative Research and Small Business Technology Transfer...
- Federal funds to aid small-business loans. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Feb2011, p8
The article reports on the federal program State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI), which provides federal funds for the development of small business lending program in Michigan.
- Should Tarp Be Used To Help Small Businesses? // AirGuide Online.com;3/8/2010, p2
The article reports on the conversion of the Troubled Asset Relief Program funds for small business loans in the U.S. in 2010.
- briefly. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/27/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 31, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. such as the 11.7 million dollar fund provided by the administration of Barack Obama to Delaware for the clean up of a former General Motors manufacturing plant, and the 215 proposals selected for the Phase II contract awards in the Small Business...