- Federal fund valuable tool for small-biz innovators. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/29/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p42
The article focuses on the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program in Michigan. The program is a federal fund and has set aside $2.5 billion for 11 federal agencies in the U.S. to allocate to technology-oriented owners of small businesses. The firm Biotechnology Business Consultants...
- Cooperative extension. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;2/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the extension of funding for federal programs Small Business Innovation Research and the Small Business Technology Transfer until April 30, 2010 in the U.S.
- Federal grant aims to help New York manufacturers pursue new technologies. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);2/18/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the objective of the federal grant to pursue new technologies for New York manufacturers. It states that more than 1.3 million dollars' worth of federal grant to strengthen the manufacturing industry in New York which lost 160,00 manufacturing jobs since 2001. It notes the...
- INNOVATION RESEARCH GRANTS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/20/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 17, Special section p10
The article focuses on the significance of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants in the U.S. Edsel Brown, assistant administrator for the Small Business Administration Office of Technology, states that the Federal agencies paid $2 billion in SBIR awards in fiscal 2005. The 11...
- THE FORGOTTEN SECTOR. Gome, Amanda // BRW;5/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p44
Focuses on the changes in the Australia government's fiscal 2003-2004 budget that cause disappointment among small businesses. Lack of measures for the commercialization of research and the development of new ventures; Promotion of employee share ownership for workers.
- SBIR a Few Steps Away from Reauthorization. // BioWorld Today;12/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 234, p3
The article reports on the reauthorization of the Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant programs under the National Defense Authorization Act. The funding for the programs is made through stopgaps passed by U.S. Congress, as the House...
- If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is! Simpson, Catherine // Fort Worth Business Press;11/16/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Provides information on government financial assistance programs for small businesses in the United States. Guarantees provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for loans made through SBA-certified banks; Small Business Innovative Research and Small Business Technology Transfer...
- Federal funds to aid small-business loans. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Feb2011, p8
The article reports on the federal program State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI), which provides federal funds for the development of small business lending program in Michigan.
- Should Tarp Be Used To Help Small Businesses? // AirGuide Online.com;3/8/2010, p2
The article reports on the conversion of the Troubled Asset Relief Program funds for small business loans in the U.S. in 2010.