- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/15/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2091, p10
Presents news briefs on the global chemical industry as of March 15, 2004. Plan of Dow Epoxy Products and Intermediates to increase prices on all grades of epoxy resins; Expansion of Eka Chile at its unit in Talcahuano, Chile; Increase in the capacity of the Lyocell fibre plant of Lenzing in...
- Asahi looks to Saudi Arabia to expand ACN supply. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 60, p24
The article reports that Asahi Kasei Chemicals is conducting a preliminary study to build a 200,000-250,000 tonne per year acrylonitrile (ACN) plant in Saudi Arabia to strengthen the international competitiveness of the company. The company said it plans to start commercial operations at the...
- 5-MINUTE. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p7
The article presents updates on the chemical industry as of June 2006. Dow's 200 000 tonne/year linear low-density polyethylene plant in Schkopau, Germany has started to come back on line. Dow Epoxy will increase list and off-list prices for Cyracure and ERL Cycloaliphatic Epoxides in...
- Asahi Kasei to Build Large Acrylonitrile Plant in Korea. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the plan of Asahi Kasei Chemicals to construct a world-scale plant for the production of acrylonitrile at Ulsan, Korea.
- Asahi Studies China Nylon Fibers Complex. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/27/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the plan of Asahi Kasei Chemicals to build a nylon fibers complex in China as of April 2005. Chemical plants that will be included in the complex; Estimated cost of the complex; Background on the company's business.
- Can MMA avoid oversupply? // Asian Chemical News;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 493, p16
Provides information on the projects planned by several methyl methacrylate (MMA) producers in Asia as of June 2005. Capacity of the MMA plant to be built by Sumitomo Chemical in Singapore; Total capacity of the projects planned by Asahi Kasei Chemical in Asia; Expansion plans of Mitsubishi Rayon.
- Asahi Kasei evaluates China for acrylonitrile. // Asian Chemical News;10/4/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 463, p20
Reports on the selection of China as an alternative site for an acrylonitrile project of Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp., as of October 2004. Expected date of the completion of the site; Other Asian countries considered by Asahi for the plant; Factors that affected the planned acrylonitrile site in...
- Asahi: new propylene capacity. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p284
The article reports on the start of the commercial operation of Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp.'s catalytic cracking unit located in Mizushima, Japan. The Omega Process is used to crack olefins for the production of ethylene and propylene from C4 and C5 raffinates. The company is planning to license...
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals to construct second S-SBR facility in Singapore. // Chemical Business;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the second plant for solution -polymerized styrene-butadiene rubber (S-SBR) to be constructed by Asahi Kasei Chemicals in Singapore for a target production capacity of 50,000 tons per year.