High prices threaten resins
- PS prices climb, PVC makers attempt hike. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/6/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p6
Discusses the increase in the prices for polystrene since October 1999 due to the sustained demand in food packaging. Amount of increase; Factors which contributed to the increase.
- Sand binder systems part VII--acid catalyzed PNB and blown no-bake. Carey, Paul; Lott, Michelle // Foundry Management & Technology;Sep95, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p46
Part VII. Makes various observations about phenolic no-bake binders (PNB). Properties of phenolic resin; Mechanical reclamation of PNB coated sand; Temperature control of PNB; Viability of PNB as substitute for agriculturally based furan systems.
- Phenolics demand forecast to increase. // Plastics News;9/11/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p28
Reports on Freedonia Group Inc.'s release of a study forecasting demand for phenolic resins in North America.
- Benzene price impacts on its downstream markets. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;3/14/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2138, p12
Focuses on the impact of the March 2005 benzene price increase on the European resins market. Concerns of phenolic resins producers regarding the price increase; Forecast of resins producers on the effect of Brent crude prices on benzene costs; Implication of oversupplied phenolic resins market...
- Phenol price now at 15-year high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 454, p22
Reports on an increase in phenol price due to rising benzene costs and strong demand and tight supply in Asia as of July 26, 2004. Level of price increase; Comparison of the price increase in Northeast and Southeast Asia; Effect of the price increase on the demand and supply of phenolic resins.
- Epoxy prices drop, phenolics rise in 2002. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p12
Reports on decline in sale prices of epoxy resins and rise in phenolic p rices following change in demand in the U.S in 2002. Comparison of sale prices with prices in 2001; Lack of impact on prices of semiconductor grades of epoxy.
- Phenol Capacity Increases Considerably. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p18
The article offers information on the production and consumption of phenol in China. Phenol and acetone producers in the country expand and begin new construction. A forecast states that phenol production will reach 640,000 tons by the end of 2008. Phenol is used in the production of phenolic...
- The 2011 World Forecasts of Amino-Resins, Phenolic Resins and Polyurethanes in Primary Forms Export Supplies. Parker, Philip M. // World Trade Reports - Export Supplies;1/ 6/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the world forecasts of export supplies for amino-resins, phenolic resins and polyurethanes in primary forms for the year 2011 are presented, that include forecasts for several countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- The 2011 World Forecasts of Phenolic Resins in Primary Forms Export Supplies. Parker, Philip M. // World Trade Reports - Export Supplies;1/ 6/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the world forecasts of export supplies for phenolic resins in primary forms for the year 2011 are presented, that include forecasts for several countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe.