Strengthening the chain
- How Much Sugar Is Right? Less. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the recommended average amount of sugar intake per day for all age groups. Claims of the Sugar Association, a trade group for the sugar industry, on the average amount of sugar intake; Recommended amount of sugar intake according to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines; Recommendation from...
- Strengthening the chain. Chynoweth, Emma // Chemical Market Reporter;6/12/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p27
The article reports that the International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council for Europe and the Americas has teamed up with the World Health Organization (WHO) for the development of guidelines for good distribution practices (GDP) for pharmaceutical excipients. The guidelines published are...
- WHO News. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p844
Presents updates on the World Health Organization (WHO) as of October 2002. Change of leadership in the organization in 2003; Release of a global reference guide on 325 essential medicines.
- Training for emergencies. Hacen, Mohamed-Mahmoud // World Health;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p29
Highlights the World Health Organization's (WHO) Division of Emergency and Humanitarian Action and the United Kingdom's Overseas Development Administration's (ODA) mission sent to seven African countries to strengthen their national capacity for managing health emergencies. How the mission...
- Education international: An alliance with WHO. van Leeuwen, Fred // World Health;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p27
Proposes that the school and education system must train young people not only for employment but for life as citizen of the 21st century. Why health education calls for an inclusive approach; Result of the studies made by World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Bank; Concerns of the...
- No action plan to monitor vaccine prices. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/1/2013, Issue 671, p3
The article reports on the proposal by international medical aid organisation MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) during the World Health Organization's Executive Board meeting in late January 2013, for governments to include measures to monitor the prices of vaccines in the Global Vaccine...
- In-house groups' initiatives set out the way forward. Dry, Amy // Lawyer;3/5/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p27
The article focuses on the two-year plan of the in-house organization Commerce & Industry (C&I) Group. The plan includes setting up of several focus groups for issues like corporate responsibility. It is also planning to start a mentoring scheme for smaller companies' junior lawyers. Information...
- THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT IN AUSTRALIA (CILTA). // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;May/Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p82
The article provides information on the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILTA), which provides a number of educational programs ranging from Certificate to Advanced Diploma levels.
- SCLAA NATIONAL CONTACT DETAILS. // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p82
The article presents the mission and vision statements of Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA), considered as Australia's largest association for supply chain and logistics professionals and practitioners.