The active ingredients of survival
- Avoiding Pitfalls of Cleaning Validation. Pluta, Paul L.; Sharnez, Rizwan // Journal of GXP Compliance;Summer2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p54
The article offers tips for organizations on avoiding hidden dangers associated with cleaning validation. The authors mention the evolution of cleaning methodologies over the past 20 years, with some practices not adequately defensible. According to them, a comprehensive program that includes...
- Training aids. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jan2000, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p34
Presents companies offering employee training programs on plant maintenance. Includes J.J. Keller & Associates Inc.'s training program to help employees reduce the risks of workplace injuries; Machine safety training program offered by Rockford Systems Inc.
- Vying for promotion: Does senior employee hold advantage? // Plant Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the priority to be given to seniority while promoting an employee of the company with respect to a case involving plant maintenance mechanics Ed Riley and Tony Genaro. Decision of maintenance supervisor Charley Dobbs to select Genaro; Arguments of Riley for selecting Genaro.
- How Does the Pipeline Flow for Large-Cap Pharma? Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, pFR 3
Reports on the production of large-capital pharmaceutical companies. Factors that influence the strength of the fine chemicals market; Performance of the global pharmaceutical sector in 2001; Views of analysts on the market; Highlights on the performance of major pharmaceutical companies.
- Pressure on for Fine Chemicals as Pipeline Slows to a Trickle. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p8
Reports the decline in the productivity of pharmaceutical fine chemical companies in the U.S. Decrease in the number of drug approvals; Number of drug approvals granted by Federal Drug Administration (FDA); Scrutiny of FDA on the actual benefits of latest products.
- Integrating Maintenance into plant ERP software. Friend, Bill; Thompson, Olin // Food Engineering;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p41
Focuses on the role of plant-wide visibility to maintenance and production schedules and transactions in improving profit and productivity. Development of the relationship between maintenance and production teams; Requirement of food production operations for information; Improvement in the...
- Leadership in the Era of Biobrands. Simon, Françoise // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, Leadership. pS16
Focuses on the factors changing the face of the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Decline in marketing and sales productivity; Evolution of products from pills to integrated therapies; Influence of patients on prescription drugs.
- Getting to Excellent. Larson, Eric // Pharmaceutical Processing;Oct2015, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
The article offers tips on how pharmaceutical manufacturers can be efficient and operational excellent in their venture. Some of the points stressed out include developing metrics for the whole business process, having a system that will enhance the company's productivity, and the impact of...
- Continuous improvements yield high returns. Gorbarán, Roberto Anibal // InTech;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p30
The article discusses the advantages of a continuous predictive maintenance program being implemented by companies. It cites as example the digital re-instrumentation and control program that was implemented at the Petrobras Zarate polystyrene facility in Argentina. It claims that the program...