China: the new frontier
- India starts to spend. O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p20
The article reports on the performance of the pharmaceutical industry in India as of April 2006. After years of making money from generics, India's pharmaceutical manufacturers are starting to expand their portfolios and putting cash into R&D. While the technology gap between western and Indian...
- Umbrella weather. Boswell, Clay; O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the topics discussed by Marc Hennebert, managing partner at Strategic Decisions Group, at the ICIS fine chemicals conference in Manchester, England. He emphasized the importance of workforce to the fine chemicals industry. He highlighted the opportunities offered by market...
- Umbrella weather. O'Driscoll, Cath // Chemical Market Reporter;2/13/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 6, p22
The article reflects on the economic performance of fine chemical sector in Western countries. Marc Hennebert, managing partner at Strategic Decisions Group company, has warned industry leaders to find long-term solutions to gain back profitability. Hennebert has remarked on the effort of fine...
- Pharmaceutical fine chemicals. // Chemical Business;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p11
Looks at the worldwide performance of pharmaceutical fine chemicals industry in 1999. Estimated market share; Competition within the industry; Factors that influenced its market performance.
- Small Custom Players Fight to Stay Loose in the Margin Squeeze. Challener, Cynthia // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, pFR 16
Presents an overview of the operations of small custom companies in the chemical industry in the U.S. Impact of the economic climate; Overview of competition; Reduction in the productivity of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Markets Remain Under Pressure. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry, as of January 4, 2006. The industry is facing difficult market conditions resulting primarily from rising research and development costs, an increase in competition from generic drugs and fewer new drug approvals by the...
- Western Firms Face Overcapacity, Asian Competition. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the threat faced by western chemical companies from their Asian counterparts. Struggles of western pharmaceutical intermediates producers; Action taken by the companies in response to the problem; Requirements needed by western companies in order to survive in the industry.
- What's at stake: The future of fine chemicals in Europe. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p12
Discusses the prospects for the fine chemicals sector in Europe and the concern of European contract manufacturer and other producers of pharmaceutical chemicals that their efforts to restructure, cut costs, and reduce capacity may not be enough to secure the future of the European sector....
- Smart moves. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/25/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 25, p22
The article reports that as smaller entrants join the fine chemical market and their larger competitors outsource production, companies will have to think creatively to thrive. Custom manufacturing of fine and specialty chemicals in Europe is a growing trend, especially for pharmaceutical...