- BASF ineterested in acquiring Degussa's construction chemicals business. // Chemical Business;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p87
Reports on the interest of chemical firm BASF to acquire Degussa's construction chemicals division in February 2006. Merger transaction between the two companies; Benefits of such acquisition to BASF; Value of the international construction chemicals market.
- BASF makes S4.9B hostile bid for Engelhard. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p5
This article reports that BASF AG has made a hostile, $4.9 billion takeover bid for Engelhard Corp. German chemical giant BASF is offering $37 per share in cash for all shares of Engelhard, a 23% premium over its prior closing price of $23.15. BASF is intending to launch a tender offer for the...
- Germany embraces expansion. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p28
The article focuses on developments within the German chemical industry in 2006. Several mergers and acquisitions occurred during the year. BASF executed three major deals including the $5.6 billion purchase of Engelhard in the U.S., the â‚¬2.2 billion purchase of Degussa's construction...
- BASF Makes Bid for Degussa's Construction Chemicals Business. // Chemical Week;12/21/2005, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the plan of BASF to acquire Degussa's construction chemicals division. Industry sources say that pressure to sell construction chemicals has been forced on the company by RAG. BASF says it has issued a proposal for exclusive negotiations to Degussa's board of management.
- New laws boost growth. Jagger, Anna; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p24
The article reports on the benefits of the environmental regulations in the U.S. and Europe for the environmental catalyst business acquired by BASF from Engelhard. BASF entered the environmental catalyst sector when it acquired U.S.-based catalyst and pigment company Engelhard in 2006....
- BASF fires off first round in hostile bid for Engelhard. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the tender offer of BASF for U.S. catalysis and surface finishing company Engelhard. BASF has made an all-cash offer with an estimated worth of $4.9 billion or $37 per share. The proposed deal will be the largest one for BASF to date. BASF also has a proposed acquisition...
- Degussa Completes Sale of Construction Chemicals Activities to BASF. // Products Finishing;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the sale of Degussa AG's Construction Chemicals activities to BASF AG. Degussa has developed its Construction Chemicals activities to form the leading company in the industry worldwide. The article cites the reasons why the Degussa management board decided to sell the...
- Major changes are ahead for Degussa. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on changes at speciality chemicals producer Degussa. Energy group RAG attempts to acquire all of the company's shares by July 1, 2006. RAG will pay energy conglomerate Eon â‚¬31.50 per share for its Degussa stake. Meanwhile, BASF is planning to buy Degussa's building...
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Covers update on the chemical industry in Europe as of July 15, 2002. Reasons behind the closure plans of Akzo Nobel on its salt plant in Stade, Germany; Acquisition of the phenolic antioxidant business of Raschig GmbH by Degussa; Investment plan of BASF for a plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany.