Sense of green urgency lacking
- Tech watch. Castro, Janice; Eisenberg, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/02/96, Issue 49, p74
Presents remarks about a number of technology products featured at Comdex in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1996. The NEC Mobile Pro HPC handheld personal computer (PC); Uniden's Axis telephone; Xybernaut's Mobile Assistant II wearable personal computer (PC); Minolta DimageV digital camera; Hitachi's...
- China IT Industry Investment by Sector (Jan-May 2013). // China Telecom;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
A chart is presented that offers information on information technology (IT) investment in China by sectors, including electronic devices, electronic computers and computers, between January and May 2013.
- Korea's IT Industry in Transition. Chi-Ho, Lee // SERI Quarterly;Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on the present condition of the information technology (IT) and electronic equipment industry of Korea. It mentions about the dominant position in the global IT and electronics sector acquired by the Korean firms resulting from the country's export driven economy and...
- Tablet Excitement Is Here, Uses Still Emerging. Piccoli, Gabriele // Cutter Benchmark Review;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
The article presents the author's insights on the articles of Joseph Feller and Niel Nickolaisen on a survey about tablet computers. He states that the survey shows combination of excitement and uncertainty from readers and respondents and identifies the concerns in managing the information...
- Top IT Trends for 2014. Shark, Alan // American City & County;Jan2014, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the top information technology (IT) trends for 2014 as staffing issues may lead to innovative opportunities. It notes that the increased use of smart devices will continue to change how local governments must interface with IT to solve problems and provide services. The...
- Things to come... Woudhuysen, James // Management Today;May2000, p40
Features webpads, touch- or pen-sensitive LCD screens that are connected to web-enabled TVs by Bluetooth radio. Product plans of Intel, Microsoft and Transmeta.
- NEPCON Shanghai/SMT 2003 Attendance Expected to Soar. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the expected attendance in NEPCON Shanghai/electronic manufacturing technology exhibition 2003 to be held from April 8-14, 2003 at the Shanghai Everbright Convention and Exhibition Center in Shanghai, China. Features of the exhibition; Impact of significant increase in foreign...
- New product news from exhibit floor. SS // Broadcasting & Cable;4/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p34
Reports on new products displayed during the National Association of Broadcasters' (NAB) convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dolby Labs's all-digital four channel studio-to-transmitter link; Mitsubishi's high-resolution color video printer; Denon's pro-quality cassette tape recorder; More.
- Business, Entertainment Features Abound. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p34
Features wireless electronic devices for the Wireless 2002 Exhibition in the U.S. CDMA 1X and 1xEV-DO PC cards from AirPrime; CDMA 1X cellular phones from Audiovox; Bluetooth headset from Jabra.