Formosa patriarch will hand over the reins
- Formosa in shake-up. Tan, Florence // Chemical Market Reporter;6/12/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p16
The article reports on the shakeâ€“up in the top management at Formosa Plastics Group, Taiwan's largest petrochemical producer. Wang Yungâ€“ching, founder and chairman of the group, retired together with his brother, vice chairman Wang Yungâ€“tsai. Lee Chihâ€“tsuen was...
- Formosa's Wang, management 'god'. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;10/27/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p14
The article presents an obituary for Wang Yung Ching, chairman of Formosa Plastics Group.
- Keep it in the family. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar1997, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the practice of business owners of passing on the company to their children. Suggestions to avoid mistakes; Early retirement; Information concerning business planning; Family councils; Trust and exposure for successor; Investment in management training; Management skills of...
- Passing the torch. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p109
Looks at Supreme Security Systems Incorporated, of Union New Jersey, a family business, which was taken over by Robert Bitton, when his father died suddenly. Reference to succession of family businesses; Information on the essential elements which comprise a succession planning process;...
- Matters get stickier with the next generation. Porter, Monroe // Contractor Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Presents an advisory on how to ensure the smooth succession of a family-owned business. Importance of an outside adviser; Necessity of planning in the succession process.
- Passing on family business through the generations is tricky. Neufeld, Rudy // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/15/97, Issue 322199, p27
Opinion. Discusses the so-called succession conspiracy in family-owned businesses which causes the failure of the business after the founder's death or retirement. Reason for the lack of planning for succession; Role of the family members in the so-called succession conspiracy; Role of...
- Succession planning easing the transition of your business. Greenberg, Herb; Sidler, Greg // Forum (10566937);Oct96, Issue 173, p19
Presents information on allowing another individual to take over the family business which you have successfully created. Detailed plans for handing down the family business; Developing a succession plan.
- Family matters. Thorp, Frank // GPN: Greenhouse Product News;Dec96, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p25
Presents information on succession in family businesses. Unwillingness of individuals to end a success; When power is transferred from the first to the second generation; Reference to gender and birth order barriers.
- All in the family: Plan for heirs succession seen as key. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the importance of succession planning in family-owned restaurants in the United States. Experience of Vincent Bommarito, president of Tony's Restaurants, when his father died; Drawing up of a formal succession plan.