JOBS AND GROWTH FOUNDATION OF PROSPERITY
- Key figures take reins at EC. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2113, p9
Provides information on several executives appointed in the European Commission effective November 1, 2004. Neelie Kroes; Stavros Dimas; Peter Mandelson.
- OUR 'LIFE INSURANCE.'. // Ecologist;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that European Commission Environment Commissioner Stavros Dimas demanded a higher priority for wildlife conservation, referring to the European Union's protected area network. Speaking at a recent event in Brussels, Belgium, hosted by environmental coalition Birdlife...
- EU's Mandelson Remains Hopeful of China Deal. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/1/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 115, p10
Reports on the views of European Union (EU) Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson on a possible broker deal with China involving textile and apparel exports. Reason for the interest of the EU in reaching an agreement with China; Response of China to the imposition of quotas on textile exports by...
- EU's 'divisive' WTO tactic draws fire. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;5/5/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p1
This article reports that a new use of the term early harvest by a European Union official could have U.S. producers' blood boiling when word of the EU trade commissioner's comments begins to circulate through the Cotton Belt. Peter Mandelson said in a speech to West African cotton producers in...
- Chinese Producers, EU Reps Slated to Meet Over Duties. Zarocostas, John // FN: Footwear News;6/19/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that a group of Chinese footwear exporters will meet with top European Union (EU) officials in Brussels, Belgium to oppose provisional anti-dumping duties of up to 19.4 percent on certain leather footwear products. During his visit to China in early June 2006, Peter...
- 'Mandelson stokes up euro row' Whelan, Charlie // New Statesman;1/27/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4622, p37
Offers observations on an article written by Hartlepool, England, Member of Parliament Peter Mandelson in which he challenged the British government's euro policies. Suggestion that he did intend to actually address the issue; His relationship with Prime Minister Tony Blair; His role in a...
- "We have to reinvent the idea of Europe". Cendrowicz, Leo // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/27/2005, Issue 25, p44
This article presents an interview with European Union (EU) Commissioner for Trade Peter Mandelson. When asked about the crisis of confidence faced by the EU, he commented that it is a crisis of direction rather than a crisis of identity. He observed that though the EU's project was originally...
- EU's New Trade Chief Urges Action. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/30/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 113, p10
Reports on the efforts of Peter Mandelson, commissioner of the European Union (EU), to put the Doha, Qatar trade liberalization talks in action. Year that the Doha negotiations began; Number of nations that are part of the EU; Views of Mandelson on trade defense.
- Mandelson speaks out. // New Statesman;8/2/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4699, p5
Scrutinizes Peter Mandelson's use of the term "wee-wee" in an interview with the periodical "Guardian." Context in which Mandelson used the term, in reference to his dog; How Mandelson is moving to Brussels, where he will serve as a European Union commissioner.