THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- An explosive dust-up. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;4/21/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 16, p14
The article reports that new U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) chairman John Bresland is aiming at preventing dust explosions. Bresland, who was appointed head of the agency in March 2008, says that three of the four most serious incidents in the past few years were dust...
- Do DUST HAZARDS warrant federal regs? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
Reports that U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board Carolyn Merritt has revealed the impact of chemical dust explosions on industrial safety.
- Another BP EXPLOSION prompts investigation. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the explosion of a gas pipe at BP Amoco Chemicals PLC's Texas City refinery. Reason for the explosion; Findings of the investigation conducted by the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB); Statement of CSB chairman Carolyn Merritt on the lack of an effective...
- CSB hearing eyes dust hazard rule. Gilcres, Laura // Chemical Market Reporter;6/27/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 26, p8
Reports that the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) has begun hearing the case for federal regulations to prevent chemical dust explosions. Concern on the increase in the number of dust explosion accidents in the nation; Investigation of industrial accidents and issues...
- Accidents spur investigative interest. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/26/97, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p6
Highlights rekindled interests on the US Chemical Safety and Investigation Board established by Congress in 1990 to investigate accidents at chemical and petrochemical plants. Background information on the board; Correlation with the explosion and fire at an Arkansas warehouse in March 1997;...
- CSB: DuPont Overlooked Hazards in Fatal Welding Explosion. Smith, Sandy // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;4/24/2012, p1
The article reports on the findings by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) regarding the explosion at DuPont Yerkes on November 9, 2010. CSB noted that the ignition of flammable vinyl fluoride inside a large process tank, a hazard that was overlooked by DuPont engineers, was the cause of the...
- CSB examining oil site where explosion occurred. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2010, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on an oil site explosion which occurred in Weleetka, Oklahoma where the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) sent its investigators.
- CSB: Two deaths caused by `BLEVE'. // Occupational Hazards;Aug99, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the results of the investigation of a propane tank explosion in 1998 in the United States. Report released by the US Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board; Violations of the Albert City Community Fire Department.
- Chemical safety board to review regulations for explosives... Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;4/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 16, p19
Looks at the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board's (CSHIB) review of the United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency's decision to remove explosives from its regulated list of substances. Information on the explosives-related accidents investigated by the board; Comments from...