Bayer's Schering scheme rules it out of Pfizer bid
- Bayer to Buy Eastern European OTC Business. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;3/17/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p17
The article reports on the plan of Bayer to buy the over-the-counter (OTC) business of Sagmel of Libertyville, Illinois. Sagmel is a privately held pharmaceutical company, and reported sales of $122 million for the year beginning October 2006. The transaction will include Sagmel's assets related...
- Bayer Buys Roche Consumer Division. Houlton, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the acquisition of Roche's consumer division by Bayer, a pharmaceutical company. Plan of Bayer to double its over-the-counter drug sales; Increase in consumer health; Reputation of the firms in the drug industry.
- Bayer: OTC purchase fails to address bigger picture. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;September 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p37
Reports on Bayer's acquisition of Roche's over-the-counter (OTC) business. Projected annual sales of the expanded OTC business of Bayer; Speculations on the future of Bayer's overall pharamaceutical business; Problems confronting Bayer's ethical business.
- Degussa in the Running for H&R. // Chemical Week;4/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 17, p14
Reports that Bayer has confirmed that Degussa is among the several bidders conducting diligence for Haarmann & Reimer (H&R), the flavors and fragrances subsidiary of Bayer. Price in which Bayer wants to sell H&R.
- Pharmaceutical Company Round-up. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Nov2006, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p3
The article focuses on various developments related to the pharmaceutical industry in several countries. Pfizer Inc. has purchased Oxford, England-based vaccine manufacturer PowderMed Ltd. Pharmaceutical firm Bayer AG has admitted that it made a mistake by failing to inform the U.S. Food and...
- Reckitt link to Pfizer bid. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that British household cleaning and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines producer Reckitt-Benckiser has been speculated as a bidder for Consumer Healthcare, the OTC medicines arm of Pfizer, in 2006. Reckitt was said to have engaged advisors including banks Merrill Lynch and...
- J&J takeover threat to JWT Pfizer account. Stokes, Barny // Marketing Week;6/29/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p11
The article reports on the acquisition of the over-the-counter healthcare business of Pfizer Inc. by Johnson & Johnson company in Great Britain. The brands included in the $16.6 billion acquisition include Listerine mouthwash and Sudafed decongestant. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson is planning to...
- Roche sells OTC business to Bayer. Kumar, Rajesh // New Zealand Doctor;12/15/2004, p11
Reports on the acquisition of the over-the-counter (OTC) medicines business of Roche by Bayer Healthcare. Cost of the deal; Estimated sales of the combined OTC businesses of Bayer Consumer Care and Roche Consumer Health; Company which was offered to outlicense U.S. non-prescription rights of...
- Bayer in Exclusive Talks To Acquire Roche's OTC Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/5/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the negotiation between Bayer AG and Roche Pharmaceuticals for the acquisition of the pharmaceutical company's over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Significance of the acquisition to the market share of Bayer AG in the OTC drug market; Question on the financing of the deal by Bayer AG;...