Gastrointestinal Candida colonisation promotes sensitisation against food antigens by affecting the mucosal barrier in mice
- Late-onset atopic eczema and multiple food allergies after infectious mononucleosis. Barnetson, R.St.C.; Hardie, R.A.; Merrett, T.G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/24/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6299, p1086
Investigates the case of a patient with late onset atopic eczema and multiple food allergies after infectious monocleosis. Mode of inheritance; Complaints of the patient; Characteristics of the condition.
- Food allergy in AD: myth vs. reality. Helwick, Caroline // Dermatology Times;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on issues related to food allergies in the U.S. Association of atopic dermatitis in children to food allergy; Percentage of demonstrated food allergy in children; Efficacy of tacrolinus in treating food allergy.
- Systemic candidiasis: an unusual complication of eating mutton. Bates, J.; Dollery, C.T.; Cohen, J.; Schulenburg, E.; Calam, J.; Winter, Robert // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/26/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6698, p557
Examines the complication of systemic candidiasis. Area of the body affected; Signs and symptoms of the disorder; Contribution of the pathogenic Candida albicans for the development of the disease.
- Clobber your Candida. Meyerowitz, Steve // Better Nutrition;Sep2000, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p34
Provides advice for treating and preventing candidiasis in the United States. Characteristics of the microorganism Candida albicans; Role of C. albicans in the distribution of toxic acetaldehydes in the system; Account on the underlying causes of candida infection; Symptoms of candidiasis;...
- Characterization of Candida Species Isolated from Patients with Vulvovaginitis. Ranjdoust fam, Asghar Salehpour; melli, Manizheh Sayyah; Rahnemaii Akbari, Najibeh Asle; Nokhahi, Iran; Rahnama, Badrosadat // Medical Journal of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences & Healt;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p70
Background and Objectives: Vulvovaginal Candidiasis (VC) is a common mucosal infection in women caused by the opportunistic yeast-like fungus Candida albicans. A significant percentage of these patients (5%) subsequently experience recurrent candida infections. The diagnosis of vulvovaginits is...
- Conquer Candida Naturally. Lahoz, S. Colet // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2002, Issue 231, p82
Presents information on candidiasis. Predisposing factors for candida overgrowth; Details regarding Candida albicans, the fungus that cause candidiasis in its overgrowth; Treatment of the disease.
- Beating Candida. Lahoz, S. Colet // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Mar2003, Issue 245, p102
Provides information on candidiasis, a condition caused by the fungus Candida albicans that grows in the gastrointestinal tract and spreads throughout the entire body. Predisposing factors for candida overgrowth; Treatment; Antifungal regimen.
- Right upper quadrant pain in a diabetic. Smith, Leon G. // Patient Care;7/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p154
Presents a case study of a man with right upper quadrant pain, with diagnosis of Candida albicans infection. Laboratory findings; Culture of pus cells.
- EVALUATION OF CANDIDA ALBICANS ALLERGENS REACTIVE WITH SPECIFIC IGE IN ATOPIC DERMATITIS PATIENTS BY IMMUNOBLOTTING. Naseri, Ali; Khosravi, Ali Reza; Moazzeni, Mohammad; Mansouri, Parvin // Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology;2013 Special Edition, p15
Introduction and Objectives: Candida albicans, the major etiologic agent of candidiasis, is a normal inhabitant of the alimentary tract and the mucocutaneous regions. It produces important allergenic components which can induce allergic reactions in sensitized patients. Atopic dermatitis is a...