Perceptual wind-up in the human oesophagus is enhanced by central sensitisation
- Characteristics of Intestinal Metaplasia in the Gastric Cardia. El-Serag, Hashem B.; Sonnenberg, Amnon; Jamal, Mazen M.; Kunkel, David; Crooks, Lida; Feddersen, Richard M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p622
OBJECTIVE: Intestinal metaplasia of the gastroesophageal junction is frequently grouped together with Barrett's esophagus. The area of the gastroesophageal junction is comprised of the distal esophagus and the gastric cardia. The aim of the present study was to assess whether intestinal...
- Acid reflux impacts quality of life. // Chain Drug Review;2/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p31
The article informs that cases of chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease have increased in the U.S. over the past decade.
- Is It Really Heartburn? Tennesen, Michael // Prevention;Mar2002, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p112
Focuses on gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) with information on its symptoms, the potential threat of esophageal cancer, and treatments, including medication and diet changes. INSETS: WHAT ABOUT SURGERY?;HOW MANY CHEESEBURGERS DOES IT TAKE TO GIVE YOU HEARTBURN?.
- Erratum: Use of a Simple Symptom Questionnaire to Predict Barrett's Esophagus in Patients With Symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux. Gerson, Lauren B; Edson, Robert; Lavori, Philips W; Triadafilopoulos, George // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2014, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p781
A correction to the article "Use of a Simple Symptom Questionnaire to Predict Barrett's Esophagus in Patients With Symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Oesophagogastric fistula: a post-operative complication. Alzaroa, A.; Kelty, C.; Jacob, G.; White, D. // Gut;Sep2007, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1225
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a patient with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is presented.
- Medical Therapy of Reflux Esophagitis. Castell, Donald O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec80, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p926
Comments on the medical therapy of gastroesophageal reflux. Discussion on the treatment of reflux esophagitis; Therapeutic use of bethanechol for treatment of esophagitis; Transition on the therapy of acid peptic disorders.
- The Pathogenesis of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: A Challenge in Clinical Physiology. Cohen, Sidney // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/92, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p1051
Explores a controversy on the pathogenesis of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Definition of the disease; Reason behind the difficulty of understanding the role of lower esophageal sphincter in the disease; Discussion on patient care.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. // Radiologic Technology;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p269
A quiz concerning gastroesophageal reflux disease is presented.
- Gastroesohageal Reflux. Richter, Joel E.; Castell, Donald O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul82, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p93
Provides information on the pathogenesis, diagnosis and therapy of gastroesophageal reflux. Discussion on pathogenesis of reflux disease; Clinical tests for reflux; Therapy of reflux.