People in the News
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the appointment of David Roth-Ey as vice president, editorial director of Harper Perennial and Harper trade paperbacks.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;9/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Kristine Macrides as associate director of marketing for Avon Brooks, Harper paperbacks, Avon Trade and HarperLuxe of the HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. Macrides will be reporting to the company's vice president and director of marketing, Adrienne...
- People In the News. // Book Publishing Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Appointment of Libby Jordan as associate publisher for Morrow Cookbooks, while remaining senior vice president and associate publisher at HarperCollins Publishers; Promotion of Lisa...
- IT'S ALL IN THE BOOK. MacBride, Elizabeth // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, pW15
The article presents information on Jane Friedman, the head of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. Friedman, who began her career as a typist at Dictaphone Corp., was an executive with Alfred A. Knopf Inc. before taking the top spot at HarperCollins in 1997. Friedman, known for having her finger on...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 47, p8
The article announces career development of several executives in the book industry including Leslie Hulse at HarperCollins, Stuart M. Bitting at Thomas Nelson, and Daisy Kline at Scholastic Media.
- Murdoch Sees Another Record Year for HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;10/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 43, p13
Provides updates on publishing company HarperCollins (HC) as of October 2001. Prediction of News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch on the earnings of HC in 2001; Promotions of HC executives Tracy Menzies and Rockelle Henderson.
- New Director for HC Kids. Eccleshare, Julia // Publishers Weekly;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 37, p16
Reports the appointment of Sally Gritten as managing director of the children's book division of publisher HarperCollins U.K., effective in January 2003. Background on Gritten's career prior to her appointment; Goals of the company for children's publishing in the United Kingdom.
- Promotions, New Hires at HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p10
Looks at the changes made by HarperCollins in its general trade group's advertising, promotion and art departments. Personnel hired by the company for its advertising department; Implications of the changes; Executives who were appointed to its general trade group.
- WHAT'S IT REALLY LIKE INSIDE: Harper Collins. // Marketing (00253650);7/28/2004, p95
This article provides information related to the publishing company Harper Collins. There are different types of people in publishing, but everyone has a passion for books, especially in the more literary marketing areas. The luxury of book marketing is that people are central to everything...