Weekly Indexes Surge Higher Due to Huge Bid-Wanted List
- Street Blah On New TIPS. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the trader resistance to the long-term Treasury inflation-protected securities (TIPS) in the U.S. Government method of new debt issuance; Level of the bid-to-cover ratio of the to the TIPS auction according to the Treasury market standards; Investors' confidence in securities trading.
- What to watch now. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/21/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p3
Presents news briefs related to stock market strategies in the U.S. as of April 21, 2003. Investment strategies of Dow Industrials and Dow Transports; Efficiency of treasury bond yields; Indicators of inflation.
- Deficit rockets in three weeks. Salmon, James; Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;1/26/2006, p10
The article reports that the pension deficit facing Financial Times and London Stock Exchange 100 companies has risen to 110 billion pounds in Great Britain. The rise is attributed to the rising inflation expectations and falling bond yields. According to analysts, prices have risen in...
- Most Yield Indexes Drop to Lowest Levels Since March. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p40
Reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" yield indexes as bonds rallied in response to technical conditions and economic data in the U.S. Reduction of the general obligation bond proceeds; Assessment of the aggressive measure of price inflation; Volatility of the revenue bond index.
- Oct. ECRI Drops to 119.9 From 121.6 in September. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p41
The article reports on the drop of U.S. inflationary pressures in October 2006 as the future inflation gauge declined to 119.9 from an upwardly revised 121.6 in September based on the data released by the Economic Cycle Research Institute. The decline had already been pervasive and persistent...
- Looking more enticing? // Accountancy;Jan1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1217, p61
This article reports that individual investors are finding Great Britain government securities appealing in a low-growth environment where inflation is at a modest level. The improvement of public finance was confirmed by the budget speech of the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Post Sharp Drop Ahead of FOMC Meeting. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p45
Reports on the results of Bond Buyer Yield indexes for November, 2002. Increase in stock losses of treasuries; Decrease in basis points of the Bond Buyer's revenue bond index; Yields in the treasury cash market.
- MONEYWISE: The Scottish Investment Fund. // Regeneration & Renewal;8/22/2008, p5
The article focuses on the third sector investment fund to be issued by the Scottish government. The government will grant an initial Â£30 million in which half of it would be allocated on a loan basis. The purpose of the investment fund is to create a more financially sustainable,...
- County Opens Up Trading On New York Stock Exchange. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) trading of government bonds issued by San Diego County, California. Background on the public income notes listed by the county government on the NYSE; Market performance of the bonds.