Oklahoma county Decides Not to Issue $30M for Tinker Air Base
- Northeast Braces for BRAC. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p1
Reports that state and local government officials in the Northeast region of the U.S. are evaluating the local economic impact of the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) plan, as Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld published his list of proposed base realignments and closures. Possible impact of...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p8
Presents a chart depicting the schedule of bond deals of several government agencies and local authorities in the U.S. as of September 29, 2005.
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Sept. 27, 2005. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Presents a chart depicting the plain/insured general obligation yield curves in the U.S. as of September 27, 2005. Ratings assigned to the transaction of the state of Alabama;Yield curves for five-year notes of Georgia; Rates of the 10-year bonds for the state of West Virginia.
- Tampa, Fla., Expressway Authority Readies $325 Million Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p3
Reports on the plan of the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority to sell new and refunding revenue bonds in Florida. Amount considered for issuance by the agency; Value of bond proceeds that will be used to repay loans from the State Transportation Trust Fund; Lead manager of the deal.
- Washington School District Waits on Votes for Bond Decision. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32515, p7
The article reports that school district waits on votes for bond decisions in the U.S. The votes on Federal Way School District No. 210's multi-million dollar bond question favor the measure with about 56 percent of the area's registered voters' ballots counted. The district made a proposed...
- VISIBLE SUPPLY BY STATE. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p31
Presents a chart depicting the volume of bond issuance of several states in the U.S. as of November 7, 2005.
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Post Minor Gains, Providing Stability. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Provision of minor gains, stability and buoyancy to investors; Optimism of the participants due to a repricing of the treasury and municipal markets; Impact of the trend toward higher interest rates.
- Field Curve Flattens as Short End Rises Amid Heavy Selling Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p2
The article reports that the municipal yield curve of the municipal bond market has flattened, as yields on the short end rose amid heavy selling pressure, while the long end held its own even as underwriters continued to bring sizeable new issues. The long end of the municipal bond market fared...
- With Politics as Prologue, California Readies $965M GO Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p38
Reports on the plan of the state government of California to hold its first general obligation sale of 2005. Aim of the deal to redeem commercial paper notes; Maturity of refunding bonds considered in the proposal; Plan of the governor to close the state's public employee pension programs.