Praise for Mayor Williams at Brief Senate Panel Hearing on D.C.'s FY2007 Budget
- Lawmakers Seek Ban On Hybrids. // BioWorld Today;11/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 228, p4
The article reports on the Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act introduced by U.S. Senators Sam Brownback and Mary Landrieu, which, if enacted, would make creating part animal, part human beings illegal. The act seeks to prohibit combining human and animal eggs and sperm to create a hybrid...
- Jindal predicts runoff defeat for Landrieu, victory for Brownback. Jaffe, Alexandra // Hill;9/17/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 98, p22
The article reports on the predictions of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on September 16, 2014 regarding the defeat of Senator Mary Landrieu and the victory of Kansas Sam Brownback in the 2014 fall election in the U.S., in which Jindal says that the loss of Landrieu will be repeated in 2014.
- Landrieu to back naming of CVC hall. McCormack, Kelly // Hill;6/22/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 76, p3
The article reports on the support given by U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu in renaming the Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) main hall from Great Hall to Emancipation Hall in the U.S. Landrieu and Senator Barack Obama will introduce a bill authorizing the name change. Meanwhile, Senator Wayne Allard...
- Oversight Senator Gave $500 to D.C. Mayor's Campaign. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p4
Reports on the discovery of the contributions of Senator Mary Landrieu to the re-election campaigns of mayor Anthony A. Williams in Washington, D.C. Total amount contributed by Landrieu; Investigation of the issue by the Board of Elections and Ethics; Legality of the donation.
- 'Landslide' Landrieu lifted late by sugar cane mandate. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p25
Focuses on the winning of senator Mary Landrieu during the election in the U.S. Supporters of Landrieu; Political campaign strategy; Political fundraisers.
- Get ready for a political showdown as the GOP takes aim at Landrieu. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p29
Focuses on the result of the senatorial election in Louisiana. Percentage of the vote garnered by incumbent Senator Mary Landrieu; Problems of Landrieu with voting of African-Americans; Strategies of Landrieu.
- For Sen. Landrieu, fight with Obama White House might pay off in 2014. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;10/5/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 109, p3
The article focuses on Louisiana Democrat Senator Mary Landrieu who pledges to hinder the nomination of Peter Orszag as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) director until the temporary ban on deepwater offshore drilling is lifted by the government in 2010.
- DC influencer/Q&A. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);May2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p17
An interview with U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu is presented.
- KANSAS: Brownback Urges Freeze. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p9
The article reports on the proposed budget freeze for state governments by U.S. Senator Sam Brownback.