Help May Be On the Way for St. Louis Convention Center
- Cuyahoga County Officials to Name Site for Sales Tax-Backed Project. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32915, p28
The article reports on the plan of Cuyahoga County, Ohio commissioners to announce a location in downtown Cleveland for a long-planned convention center and medical mart that would be financed with revenue from a sales tax increase that took effect in 2007. It states that selection of a site...
- Arena and convention center both face deficits. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/14/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the financial deficits disclosed by DeVos Place Convention Center and Van Andel Arena in Michigan for the fiscal year 2011.
- Convening in the Capitol. Babin, Holly // Business NH Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on city and business leaders' formula for financing the planned construction of a convention center in Concord, New Hampshire. Projected construction costs; Establishment of a program centered around corporate contributions; Fund raising via long-term municipal bonds; Economic benefits...
- A funding stalemate in downtown Lancaster. // Central Penn Business Journal;10/12/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p14
In this article the author focuses on the Lancaster Convention Center Authority's needs for money.
- No market demand for major downtown hotel, planner says. // Inside Tucson Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p9
The article focuses on the development of Tucson, Arizona's convention businesses.
- Virginia Beach Standing Behind Convention Center Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p28
Reports on the decision undertaken by the Virginia Beach Development Authority to sell out its municipal bonds to finance the construction of a convention center. Comments of director of finance of the authority Patricia Phillips over the issue; Expectations of officials of the authority.
- Sacramento to Use Garage Revenues for Convention Center Hotel Bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p32
Reports on the Sacramento, California, City Financing Authority's plans to issue bonds to finance a convention center in the city. Structure of the bond issue; Investment risks; Security for the debt; Target investors.
- Convention center opponents challenge authority's right to certain taxes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p5
Focuses on the letter sent by opponents of the planned District of Columbia convention center to the Washington Convention Center Authority, which challenges the city's authority to collect taxes escrowed to back the sale of bonds for the project. Highlights of the letter; General counsel to...
- Port: No more great giveaways. Edwards, Larry M. // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/93, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the San Diego, California Port Commission's setting of priorities for the projects included in its five year capital improvements program. Reduction in financing of San Diego Convention Center's expansion; Projected costs of high-priority projects.