- INVESTMENTS. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p28
Several charts are presented that show economic indicators for Michigan in 2007, including consumer sentiment, jobless claims and stock market activity.
- A look at the fundamentals affirms the economy is headed for. LUND, MARK // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/30/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p11
In this article, the author reflects on the speed of the America's economic recovery despite of the fluctuation in the stock markets and also seeks the evidences for the commodities acting as the key economic indicators of the recovery. Topics discussed include drastic change in the gross...
- Munis Unchanged With Weaker Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p2
The article reports on the market condition in the U.S. on December 14, 2006. As stronger-than-expected economic data produced little reaction in the Treasury market, the municipal market was unchanged with a slightly weaker tone. On the other hand, first-time applications for state unemployment...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2003. Decline in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Composite index of leading economic indicators; Expansion of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Decline of applicants for state unemployment benefits; Stability of the composite index of leading economic indicators; Decrease of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Jobless claims fall 6,000 to 285,000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p2
Focuses on the decline of first-time requests for unemployment insurance benefits in the United States for the week ended November 6, 1999.
- Macroeconomic Influences on the Stock Market. Hondroyiannis, George; Papapetrou, Evangelia // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the study that described dynamic interactions among indicators of economic activity to examine whether economic activity movements affect the performance of the stock market for Greece. Methodological issues and data; Empirical results; Conclusion.
- A year of records and rebuffs. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/97, Vol. 90 Issue 23, pB6
Looks at the performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1997. Predictions about pre-tax profit for investment houses for the year; The decline of Asian markets beginning in July; The view that large-company stocks, value stocks and silver were among the big winners in 1997; The listing...
- The economy & markets: Trading the relationship. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p60
Discusses the importance of exploiting the connection between economic indicators and stock markets. Strategies to understand the dynamics between the economy and the markets; Factors to consider in grasping the order of influence.