Cash Fuels M&A Surge
- SPACs Evolve. NEUHAUSER, STUART; MANGAN, JAMES // Equities;Jul2008, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p58
The article discusses the evolution of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). SPACs are said to have started as financial vehicles for entrepreneurs and dealmakers to enter into new business ventures and have been found as an effective means to meet certain needs of larger financial...
- First-Half M&A: Auctions and Private Equity. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the performance of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market during the first half of 2006. Rate of increase in the U.S. M&A market share; Value of the total M&A transactions announced in the U.S.; Outlook of private equity firms on the market.
- LBO Deals Continue: To Drive Middle Market. Hahn, Avital Loria // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/7/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the increase of private equity share of middle-market Mergers&Acquisitions to at least 21 percent. It explains that the easy financing that has been driving such as the $32 billion buyout of HCA has made a dramatic impact on the middle market and on the overall market....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/5/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p16
Presents charts on private equity fund raising by state/regions in the U.S. as of March 29, 2004. U.S. fund raising; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Top advisers global LBOs.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p16
Presents charts and graph and depicting private equity fund raising in the U.S. as of April 25, 2005. Venture capital funds; Buyout/Mezzanine funds; Top advisers on target leveraged buyouts.
- Assembling the Consortium Puzzle. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/18/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p10
The article features the aggregation of private equity consortium for the buyout firms. The private equity consortium practices are giving buyout firms the heft to rewrite the merger and acquisition record books. The practice is associated with risk but the results are the proof that will show...
- Well-Heeled PE Firms Bet On Heavy Deal Flow in 2007. Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p43
The article presents an outlook for large and middle-market private equity deals in the U.S. Deal professionals expect the first half of 2007, in particular, to be as busy as ever. Every deal that is going to be closed in the first half of 2007 is already in the works. The first half of 2007 is...
- ACQUISITION FINANCE UPDATE. // Lawyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p23
The article offers global acquisition finance updates. Allen & Overy's chunkiest deal was France's largest-ever leveraged buyout, in which partner Stephen Kensell advised Deutsche Bank AG and Goldman Sachs & Co. on the acquisition by KKR and Goldman Sachs Private Equity. Clifford Chance found...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p16
Presents charts of all private equity fundraising in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2003. Private equity fundraising; U.S. fundraising; Fundraising by fund size; Top advisers on U.S. target LBOs; Top advisers global LBOs.