- Products. // Emergency Management;Fall2007, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p57
The article evaluates several emergency-related products introduced in November 2007 including the SPOT Satellite Messenger, RadEye N, a portable radiation instrument developed by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and GuardianBlue Early Warning System created by Hach Co.
- Product Spotlight. // Emergency Management;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p52
The article features several emergency management products and supplies available as of March 2014 including the Drip Drop rehydration system from Drip Drop Inc., GORE-SEAM moisture barrier tape from Gore and Thermo Scientific RIIDEye X radiation detector.
- Convergence of LIMS and LIS. Tufel, Gary // Clinical Lab Products;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the convergence of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and laboratory information system (LIS) with the goal of making patient care and treatment more personalized. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. worked with iConnect Consulting to develop a new clinical LIMS...
- Â£1.2m EPSRC funding utilised in healthcare nanotechnology. Shead, Sam // Engineer (Online Edition);7/23/2012, p1
The article discusses the Â£1.2m funding by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to Nottingham University in England to engineer nanotechnology that could transform the global healthcare industry. The funding will be used to develop new ways of manufacturing and...
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Pittcon Debut of Unity Lab Services. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Pittcon debut of Unity Lab Services which provides a single health care solution for the customers to optimize productivity and reduce the cost of medical care. Range of capabilities are represented by Unity Lab Services including...
- Product Spotlight. // Emergency Management;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p50
The article offers brief information on various emergency management products, which include the RIIDEye handheld radiation isotope identifier from Thermo Fisher Scientific, the StingerHawk Spectacle System from Revision Military, and the bulletproof whiteboard from Hardwire Armor Systems.
- NITON. // Pollution Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p63
Features the Niton LLC, the leading manufacturer of portable X-ray Fluorescence analysis in Billerica, Massachusetts. Company operations; Marketing Strategies; Financial issues.
- Instrument uncovers lead coatings. // R&D Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p41
Introduces the Niton XL Spectrum Analyzer which measures lead in paint coatings and performs an alloy analysis. Where this system was developed; Comparison of this system with the traditional systems; Components of the analyzer; What is the purpose of the analyzer; Identification of the...
- Differences in Access to Services in Rural Emergency Departments of Quebec and Ontario. Fleet, Richard; Pelletier, Christina; Marcoux, Jérémie; Maltais-Giguère, Julie; Archambault, Patrick; Audette, Louis David; Plant, Jeff; Bégin, François; Tounkara, Fatoumata Korika; Poitras, Julien // PLoS ONE;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Introduction: Rural emergency departments (EDs) are important safety nets for the 20% of Canadians who live there. A serious problem in access to health care services in these regions has emerged. However, there are considerable geographic disparities in access to trauma center in Canada. The...