- Simplifying assembly process. Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p47
Features Therm-O-Disc's Microtemp thermal cutoffs for appliance protection from overtemperature condition. Assembly parts; Mechanism.
- Optical flame detector. // National Petroleum News;Jul93, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p68
Features the introduction of the optical flame detector SharpEye 20/20I from Spectrex Inc. Flexibility; Field programmability; Output options; Sensitivity; Contact information.
- Firestopping fiber-optic cable penetrations. Silver, Dan // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov95, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p56
Offers advise on how to firestop fiber optic cable installations passing through walls or floors. Meeting the American Society of Test and Measurement E814 standards of two-hour `F' and `T' ratings; Use of appropriate firestopping material; Forming a smoke seal inside and around the cable's...
- How not to get burned when firestopping. Thomas, Gerald // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
Presents advice on firestopping in cable installations. Purposes of a firestop; Factors considered to determine a firestop system suited to an installation; Selection of firestopping materials; Methods of sealing cables between floors; Techniques in overcoming the limitations of sleeves;...
- External airbags set to make SUVs less deadly. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p47
The article reports that Autoliv Inc. has developed two airbags to mitigate the effects of sport utility vehicles (SUVs) hitting pedestrians and passenger cars in the U.S. According to the company, the fatality risk for pedestrians is 2.5 times higher in SUV impacts than it is for regular cars....
- Airbags. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p19
Presents information on airbags. Purpose of airbags; People at risk of airbag injury; Plans for future airbags.
- Decision Algorithm for Smart Airbag Deployment Safety Issues. Hussain, Aini; Hannan, M. A.; Mohamed, Azah; Sanusi, Hilmi; Majlis, Burhanuddin Yeop // International Journal of Intelligent Technology;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p31
Airbag deployment has been known to be responsible for huge death, incidental injuries and broken bones due to low crash severity and wrong deployment decisions. Therefore, the authorities and industries have been looking for more innovative and intelligent products to be realized for future...
- BAGGED 70S! // 4X4 Australia;Apr2009, Issue 303, p13
The article reports that Toyota Motor Corp.'s 70 Series LandCrusier range will receive safety upgrade of airbags and a new dash design. The vehicle is stated to be launched by the end of 2009 or early 2010. The exterior changes of the vehicle are expected to be minimal.
- BLOWIN' SMOKER? Schieffer, Keith // Automotive Body Repair News;Mar2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p68
The article focuses on the safety systems of the tire air bag. The smoke from the air bag cannot cause a cancer, it is an irritant but not a carcinogen. According to a veteran automotive technician, he has never considered disabling an airbag or any other safety system for their customer's...