Study Analyzes Fire Spread in Tunnels
- IMPROVING FIRE HAZARD ASSESSMENT IN SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA. de Jong, Lisa // Fire Management Today;Spring2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p35
This article describes a fire hazard analysis conducted on private, developed lots in South Lake Tahoe, California. Because homeowners must be actively involved in fire hazard mitigation in the wildland/urban interface, private landscaping practices are closely regulated in high-fire-hazard...
- CHAPTER 1 : INTRODUCTION. // Fire Data Analysis Handbook (2nd edition);2004, p1
An introduction to the book "Fire Data Analysis Handbook" second edition is presented.
- Experts disagree on tire pile safety. Moore, Miles // Waste News;11/03/97, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p21
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the the shredded tire fire, that started on property owned by the Gila River Indian Community of Arizona. Belief that the fire started from an `exothermic reaction'; Examination of fire hazards caused by shredded tires; Possibility of establishing a...
- Fire dangers are on the rise. // USA Today Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 122 Issue 2579, p14
Reports on the resurgence of the risk of major fires due to rapid urban growth, lagging infrastructure development and economic cutbacks. Statistics and history indicating that the country is experiencing an increasing trend in large loss fires; Potential for a major conflagration following a...
- Fire protection of storage areas. Schofield, Mark; Firestone, Cheryl // Plant Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p66
Looks at the severity of fire hazards associated with storage areas. Increase in these fire hazards over the past 50 years; Influence which many protection and storage arrangement variables has on fire behavior and its suppression or control; Information on Heat Release rate; Design of a fire...
- Scientists are finding new ways to fireproof fabrics... // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p7
Reports on scientists' development of ways to measure the fire hazard of fabrics to find the rate at which they release heat when ignited. Development of a cushion mixed with slow-burning silicone; Number of Americans killed by fires annually.
- Wheat pack warning. // Australia's Parents;Feb/Mar97, Issue 97, p31
Identifies wheat packs and pillows as common fire hazards.
- Fire control room plans seriously flawed, says inquiry. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p4
The article presents an inquiry into the FiRe Control project conducted by the Communities and Local Government Select Committee which revealed that the programme to substitute the 46 control rooms which answer calls to the Fire and Rescue Service has been poorly executed in England in 2010.
- Preplanning building hazards. Brannigan, Francis L. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p85
Presents photographs of old houses and identifies common structural problems in relation to fire hazards. Interconnected voids as places fueling growth of fire; Section 5-1.3.4 of the National Fire Alarm Code requiring installation of detection devices in void spaces.