USFA Offers Chemistry Refresher CD
- USFA Offers Mayday Training CD. // Fire Chief;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the launch of two mayday courses on single CD-ROM by the United States Fire Administration available to all fire departments and state fire training academies. "Calling the Mayday: Hands-On Training for Firefighters," includes instructor's manual, job performance...
- USFA Releases 2011 LODD Numbers. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/19/2012, p3
The article reports that in 2011, there were 83 firefighter deaths occurred in 33 states, a U.S. dependency, and a U.S. military facility on a foreign country, where most of the deaths happened in Texas, according to the statistics of the U.S. Fire Administration.
- Fire Administration releases 2012 firefighter fatality stats. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/7/2013, p2
The article reports on a provisional total of 83 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. announced by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) during 2012.
- USFA offers on-site arson-fire investigation reviews. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the offering of a no-cost, on-site program reviews and technical assistance to 12 arson and fire investigation units in the United States by the US Fire Administration (USFA). Requirements for the consideration of one of the 12 slots; Availability of the USFA technical assistance team...
- USFA/NFA COURSES: A FORMAT TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p167
Focuses on the training program provided by the United States Fire Administration/National Fire Department (USFA/NFA) for fire and emergency services. Details on the USFA/NFA courses; Educational opportunities of the program; Advantage of the program for working people.
- LODD Rates Show Decline. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the findings of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA's) provisional 2010 firefighter-fatalities report according to which there were 85 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2010.
- History of chemistry wallcharts. Kauffman, George B. // Journal of College Science Teaching;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p288
Features a series of chemistry wallcharts. Includes `The Origins of Organic Chemistry 1800-1900'; `Chemical Atomic and Molecular Theory 1800-1900'; Industrial Chemistry 1800-1900.'
- Link up with this chemistry seminar. // Science Teacher;Sep93, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p84
Announces the television broadcast of the American Chemical Society's `Teaching Introductory Chemistry' seminar on November 8, 1993. Coverage; Participants' chance to share ideas with panelists; Registration by receiving site; Contact information.
- FIRELINE SAFETY TRAINING COURSE AVAILABLE ON CD-ROM. Alexander, Martin E. // Fire Management Today;Spring2001, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the availability of fireline safety training course on compact disc read-only-memory (CD-ROM) in Canada. Benefits of the Utilization of an interactive multimedia technology; System requirements of the CD-ROM; Inclusion of video and audio clips on the CD-ROM.