Psoriasis with Auspitz sign
- Acitretin. // Reactions Weekly;7/21/2007, Issue 1161, p6
The article describes the case of a 20-year-old woman with palmoplantar keratoderma secondary to psoriasis who developed a subungal hemorrhage during treatment with acitretin. She developed slight reddening of her second left fingernail a month after receiving the drug. Acitretin was...
- Hong Kong Society's new leaders. Greenhalgh, Trisha // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p20
Provides information on psoriasis. Signs and symptoms of classical psoriasis; Condition often confused with psoriasis; Significance of the cosmetic aspects of the disease; Success of ultraviolet treatment.
- Psoriasis affects quality of life in a manner similar to cancer or heart disease. // Geriatrics;Jan2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p91
Presents an abstract of the article `Psoriasis Causes As Much Disability As Other Major Medical Diseases,' by S.R. Rapp, S.R. Fieldman et al., which appeared in the September 1999 issue of the periodical `Journal of American Academic Dermatology.'
- Psoriasis, without the heartbreak. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p11
Analyzes various aspects of disease Psoriasis. Characterization of patches caused by disease; Estimation of patients having psoriasis in the U.S.; Reason behind occurrence of the disease; Treatment for disease; Role played by phototherapy in treatment of severe psoriasis; Approval of biologic...
- Flurandrenolide tape solves tough psoriatic lesions. Moyer, Paula // Dermatology Times;Dec98, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p10
Recommends the use of flurandrenolide tape in individuals with resistant psoriatic lesions. Comparison of response to flurandrenolide tape versus ointment and cream formulations; Percent of patients who exhibited improvements in sites treated with flurandrenolide; Low folliculitis rate; Side...
- C-5 Propyne-Modified Oligonucleotides Penetrate the Epidermis in Psoriatic and Not Normal Human Skin After Topical Application. White, Paul J; Gray, Andrew C; Fogarty, Rhys D; Sinclair, Rodney D; Thumiger, Susan P; Werther, George A; Wraight, Christopher J // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jun2002, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p1003
We have previously shown that antisense oligonucleotides effectively reduced insulinâ€like growth factor I receptor expression in human psoriatic skin grafted on to nude mice when injected intradermally. We therefore investigated the penetration of C-5 propyne modified antisense...
- In vivo Study of Skin Mechanical Properties in Psoriasis Vulgaris. Dobrev, H. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;09/20/2000, Vol. 80 Issue 4
The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanical properties of the skin in psoriatic plaques before and after treatment with dithranol and in clinically uninvolved psoriatic skin in comparison with the skin of healthy controls. In total, 82 psoriatic plaques in 19 in-patients and 51...
- Endothelin-1 levels are increased in sera and lesional skin extracts of psoriatic patients and correlate with disease severity. Bonifati, Claudio; Mussi, Anna; Carducci, Massimo; Pittarello, Antonio; D'Auria, Luciano; Venuti, Aldo; Bagnato, Anna; Salani, Debora; Fazio, Marcello; Ameglio, Franco // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;4/20/98, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p22
Endothelins (ETs), in addition to their systemical activities, exert important functions at the skin level, such as increase of keratinocyte proliferation, neo-angiogenesis and leukocyte chemotaxis, which are among the main characteristics of psoriasis. To assess a possible ET-1 involvement in...
- Unusual psoriasis. // Pulse;Apr2013, p52
A quiz concerning the diagnosis for psoriasis is presented.