CMA proposes options for private-public split
- Brevity is the soul of advocacy, experts say. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE1001
The article presents the insights of the panelists on how to influence politicians, media, and patients to transform the health care system at the 144th annual general meeting of the Canadian Medical Association in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. Former cabinet minister Chuck Strahl says...
- Full speed ahead for CMA's transformation train. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/13/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p466
The article offers information on the issues related to health care discussed at the annual meeting of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) held in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Delegates at the meeting discussed the development of CMA's transformation initiative aiming to adopt a market-driven...
- CMA president slams doctors in parting speech. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/7/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 14, pE519
The article focuses on a speech given by Dr. Louis Hugo Francescutti, outgoing president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), during the organization's annual meeting in Ottawa on August 19, 2014. Issues raised include Canada's declining health performance, changes in how patients perceive...
- Panel takes a look at the future of health care in Canada. // Chain Drug Review;9/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p2
The article focuses on the move of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to discuss the funded health system in Canada during its general council annual meeting.
- LEAVING A GREEN LEGACY. Kovaleski, Dave // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p37
The article focuses on the efforts of Sandra Wood, annual meeting manager for the Canadian Medical Association, to introduce composting as a green initiative to a hotel. It is stated that she requested a composting contractor to explain their process and encouraged the venues she was using to...
- Program Committee. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 18, p1
Presents information on a committee formed for the annual meetings of Society of General Internal Medicine in the U.S. that deals with medical care for the year 2003. Members of the precourse and workshop subcommittee.
- Potpourri. Wootton, John // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Spring2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p85
The article discusses issues concerning medical care in Canada. The relationship between the Canadian Medical Association and the editor of the periodical "Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine" was not sustainable. There is an impending collapse of Canadian medicare. The periodical will celebrate...
- CMA's core-services framework featured at international conference. Williams, John R. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p1192
Reports on the 1st International Conference on Priorities in Health Care. Approach of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in determining core services; Health care experiences of participating countries.
- A shortage of doctors? What shortage? Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/20/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p857
Discusses the report 'Revitalizing Medicare: Shared Problems, Public Solutions,' by the Tommy Douglas Research Institute. How the report highlights that there is not a shortage of doctors in Canada; Failures of the report; Response from the Canadian Medical Association.