Medical students oppose two-tier, petition CMA
- Open med-school doors wider: report. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p92
Mentions the Canadian Medical Forum endorsement of Canadian Medical Association President Hugh Scully's call for more medical students. Recommendation for increases in medical school enrollment; Need for physicians in Canada.
- Petitioners oppose Palestinian statehood. WIENER, ROBERT // New Jersey Jewish News;8/18/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the joining of the Community Relations Committee representing United Jewish Communities of MetroWest New Jersey and the Jewish Federation of Central Jersey to urge members to sign a petition against a unilaterally declared Palestinian state.
- Does Gender Impact Upon Application Rejection Rate Among Canadian Radiology Residency Applicants? Baerlocher, Mark O.; Walker, Michelle // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p232
Purpose: To determine if and how gender ratios have changed within Canadian radiology, and to determine if gender discrimination occurs at the level of the radiology resident selection committee. Methods: The Canadian Medical Association, Canadian Association of Radiologists, Canadian Institute...
- What ever happened to your PROM DATE? Kaplan, Ben; Cahan, Eric // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jul2005, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p92
This article presents views of several persons on the influence of prom date in their lives. According to Theresa, a 28-year-old medical student, her boyfriend Mario had just broken up with someone when they started hanging out, so they kept things casual. But everything changed in 1996, when...
- Florida Library Reverses Ban on Petitions. // American Libraries;May2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the decision of the Citrus County Library System in Florida to reverse its policy banning the gathering of petition signatures in 2004. Background on the ban on gathering petition signatures; Statement issued by library system spokesman Jim Ehlers; Organizations that criticized the ban.
- MD FINANCIAL HELPS. FUTURE DOCTORS WITH $250,000 DONATION. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p7
The article reports that the MD Financial organization is providing financial helps to medical students in Canada. When undergraduate medical tuition fees are going northward, the financial assistance from the organization is considered crucial. The organization works in tandem with the Canadian...
- Student Group Addresses Role of Spirituality in Medicine. Johnson-Elie, Tannette // INSIGHT into Diversity;Apr/May2015, Vol. 85 Issue 1/2, p44
The article discusses The Spirituality and Medicine Interest Group, a student organization started by University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine first-year student Aamir Hussain in 2014 for medical students to discuss spirituality, religion and healthcare. Topics discussed include...
- California Lobbyists Submit Signatures for $5.4 Billion Parks Bond Vote. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p4
The article reports on the petition signature of environmental lobbyists in California to place a $5.4 billion bond measure for parks on the state's November 2005 ballot. Supporters of parks and environmental causes had hoped to get parks added into the $68 billion infrastructure bond proposal...
- Hard-Won Tips for Twenty-First Century Activists. Pogrebin, Letty Cottin // Tikkun;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p60
The article offers information on the pointers that would work for the twenty first century activists. The author, an activist himself states that no mission can be accomplished if the activists care about who gets the credit for the mission. He states the true activists organize hundreds of...