Detroit School Debt Bill
- DPS board on closings 'It wasn't us!'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;11/10/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, pA1
The article focuses on the announcement by President of Detroit Public School Board Lamar Lemmons that bond funds for school improvement were wasted when the state government of Michigan was in control of the district.
- DPS will retain 'site-based management' schools. // Michigan Citizen;8/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 42, pA1
The article reports on the assertion of Detroit Public Schools (DPS) Board of Education president Lamar Lemmons that the board will retain the site-based management schools implemented by emergency manager Roy Roberts in Detroit, Michigan.
- Would EM warrant civil unrest? // Michigan Citizen;12/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, pA1
The article presents the views of Detroit, Michigan citizens Diane Crawford, Beverly Kindle Walker, and Lamar Lemmons on the attempt of Governor Rick Snyder and State Treasurer Andy Dillon to impose Public Act 4.
- Dispute over control of Detroit school district. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;12/11/2012, p1
The article reports on a dispute between Interim Detroit school district Superintendent John Telford and Board President LaMar Lemmons over who has the authority over academic decisions, including asking administrators to re-apply for their jobs.
- EM attempts Library Commission takeover. Campbell, Eric T. // Michigan Citizen;7/1/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on Detroit, Michigan Public Schools Emergency Manager (EM) Roy Roberts' attempt to remove Detroit Library Commissioner Lamar Lemmons, which was announced during a public meeting held at the Main Branch Library on June 26, 2012.
- Chicago's Schools Plan Over $400M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p1
Reports on the plans of public school officials to bring general obligation bonds to market in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of the bonds; Potential refunding of high-interest debt issued by School Finance Authority; Approval of the money sale by the Chicago Board of Education; Structure of the...
- Public Facilities, Schools Drive Increase in Issuance. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p25
Reports the increasing issuance of bonds among the public schools in the U.S. Improvement of the schools in the region; Acceleration of construction projects; Decline of the interest rates.
- Chicago's Education Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the allocation of general obligation bonds for public schools in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the current interest-rate environment; Emergence of derivative products; Issuance of bond as variable rate.
- Missouri Probing Ex-St. Louis Mayor's Role in Bond Campaign. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p6
Reports on the plan of Saint Louis Public Schools to sell general obligation bonds in Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.