N.J.'s Montclair State University Set To Sell $117M of Mostly New Money
- Moody's Downgrade Ratio Looks Bad for Illinois Schools in '04. Carvin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p5
Reports on the prevalence of state schools with downgrade bond ratings by Moody's Investor Service in Illinois. Total number of downgraded schools as of 2003; Impetus to the decline in ratings; Incapacity of the schools to maintain a working cash fund.
- Nashville's Vanderbilt University Wrapping Up $75M Taxable CP Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p7
Reports on the sale of commercial paper by the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Flexibility in funding the future needs of the university; Stability of the endowment and bond ratings of the school; Limitation of debt capacity.
- PENNSYLVANIA: Haverford College Upgraded. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 262 Issue 32757, p9
The article reports on a credit rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the debt of Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania. The institution's $98.3 million of debt issued through the Delaware County Authority upgraded by Moody's to Aa2 from Aa3. According to credit rating...
- PUERTO RICO: University Lifted to Stable. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 262 Issue 32757, p9
The article reports on a credit rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. over $694 million debt of University of Puerto Rico. The credit rating agency revised its outlook to stable from negative on the university's debt, while confirming the credit's Baa2 rating. The institution's debt...
- School Bonds Dropped. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Reports on the depreciation of the Series 2002 A bonds of the University of Hawaii by Moody's Investor Service in Hawaii. Decline of the projected settlement funds from lawsuits challenging agreement between states and tobacco companies; Stability of the credit evaluation; Solicitation of funds...
- Moody's Upgrades D.C.'s George Washington University to A1 From A2. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;2/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32811, p6
The article reports on a bond rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to George Washington University in the U.S. Moody's upgraded the university's long-term rating to A1 with a stable outlook, affecting $556 million of outstanding bonds. According to the agency, the upgrade reflects...
- Univ. of Michigan Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade its ratings for the University of Michigan's bonds backed by a broad revenue pledge. Upgrading of the university's bonds secured by faculty practice plan revenues.
- Case Western's $180M Sale. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32883, p9
The article reports that Ohio Higher Educational Facility Commission will enter the bond market in the fourth week of May 2008 with $180 million of revenue bonds on behalf of Case Western Reserve University to refund its outstanding 2004 auction-rate debt. Moody's Investors Service Inc. assigned...
- NEBRASKA: College Dropped to BB. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the revenue bonds of Midland Lutheran College in Nebraska. The agency downgraded the college's $19.5 million of facility revenue bonds to BB from BB-plus. The downgrade reflects the institution's ongoing operating deficits,...