Chicago Hears Back From 13 Firms on Parking Garage Lease
- DOWNTOWN PARKING A PROBLEM? THAT'S A MYTH. Samolis, Nicole T. // Syracuse New Times;4/9/2014, Issue 3468, p14
The author offers information on the downtown parking facilities in Syracuse, New York that is having a total of 36 parking lots and garages equating to 10,953 parking spaces and also presents street parking tips at the Washington Street garage that offers free parking on nights and weekends.
- El Dorado opens 450 new parking spaces. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;9/30/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p17
Reports on the El Dorado Hospital in Tucson, Arizona's opening of a three-story parking garage with 450 additional parking spaces. Designation of the garage for employees.
- Springfield Doesn't Need a Garage Sale. // BusinessWest;12/26/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p12
The article comments on the sale of one the parking garages run by the Spring Parking Authority to the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, which runs the MassMutual Center. The people believe that selling the Civic Center garage to the state will create fewer parking opportunities...
- Effort to privatize city parking likely to expire without Orr. HALCOM, CHAD // Crain's Detroit Business;9/29/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p0003
The article reports on the uncertainty over privatization of the municipal parking department as emergency manager Kevin Orr is seen to leave Detroit, Michigan as of September 29, 2014. Orr's departure from office will yield no contract for the proposed private lease of the park, but...
- Between the lines. Markowitz, Elliot // Hotel & Motel Management;5/15/2006, Vol. 221 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the benefits of leveraging parking operations in the hospitality industry in the US. Many hotel operators have implemented parking charges for both hotel guests and nonguests alike, which added to the hotel's revenues. According to Bill Karpiak, general manager of the...
- Nitterhouse steps up to plate for Sportsplex Parking Garage. // Concrete Products;Sep2005, Vol. 108 Issue 9, pPC4
Provides information on the construction of prestressed concrete structure for the Essex County Sportsplex Parking Garage in Essex County, New Jersey. Basis of the design of the parking garage; Panels which comprise the architectural facade of the structure; Features of the garage.
- Parking choices multiply downtown. Smith, Jennette; Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on an increase in parking supply in Detroit, Michigan. Since 2000, the city of Detroit has added more than 1,600 parking spaces with construction of two downtown garages: 1,020 spots in the Premiere underground garage at the old J.L. Hudson's site and 600 spaces in the...
- The International Parking Institute 2014 Awards of Excellence. // Concrete International;Sep2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p27
The article announces winners of the International Parking Institute's (IPI) 2014 Awards for Excellence which include Park Place public parking structure in Missoula, Minnesota, the City of Santa Monica Parking Structure 6 in California, and 201 Claremont Street Green P + in Toronto, Ontario.
- A Model to Describe the Dynamic Influence Length of the Vehicles on the Main Road at the Upstream Sections of Off-Street Parking Access. Deng Shejun; Chen Jun // Advances in Mechanical Engineering (Hindawi Publishing Corporati;2013, p1
We research into the upstream sections of off-street parking access in the city. When the parking car turns right from the main road of the rightest lanes into the access, the vehicles which are the upstream of the access on the main road may be affected and the influence length can be presented...