ANALISIS DE LA DISTRIBUCION GEOGRAFICA DEL COMPLEJO PROSOPIS (LEGUMINOSAE, MIMOSOIDEAE) EN NORTEAMERICA
- A new subspecies of Acacia pentadenia (Leguminosae: Mimosoideae) from south-western Australia. Reid, Jordan E.; Wardell-Johnson, Grant; Maslin, Bruce R. // Nuytsia;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p245
Reid, J.E., Wardell-Johnson, G. & Maslin, B.R. A new subspecies of Acacia pentadenia (Leguminosae: Mimosoideae) from south-western Australia. Nuytsia 19(2): 245-252 (2009). A previously recognised informal variant of Acacia pentadenia Lindl. is described following extensive field and herbarium...
- Lectotypification of Acacia gardneri, A. obtecta, A. sparsiflora and A. whitei (Fabaceae, Mimosoideae). Kodela, Phillip G. // Telopea;2013, Vol. 15, p71
Lectotypes are here designated for the Australian species Acacia gardneri Maiden & Blakely, A. obtecta Maiden & Blakely, A. sparsiflora Maiden and A. whitei Maiden.
- A NEW SPECIES OF VACHELLIA (FABACEAE: MIMOSOIDEAE) FROM HAITI. Seigler, David S.; García, Ricardo; Mejía, Milcíades; Ebinger, John E. // Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p45
Vachellia koltermanii R. GarcÃa, M. MejÃa, Ebinger, & Seigler, a species from DÃ©partement Ouest, Haiti, is described, illustrated, and compared to related species from Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- Modification of soil properties by Prosopis L. in the Kalahari Desert, South-Western Botswana. Mosweu, Samuel; Munyati, Christopher; Kabanda, Tibangayuka // Open Journal of Ecology;May2031, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p145
The aim of this research was to investigate the interactions between Prosopis plants and soils in the Kalahari area, south west of Botswana. The underlying assumptions of the research were that Prosopis plants significantly enhanced the nutrient content and improved the condition of soils in the...
- ColeÃ§Ãµes botÃ¢nicas para conservaÃ§Ã£o: um estudo de caso em Abarema Pittier (Leguminosae, Mimosoideae). Iganci, João Ricardo Vieira; Morim, Marli Pires // Revista Brasileira de Biociencias;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p164
The taxonomic efforts for compile data about flora make botanical collections important tools to diagnose for the documentation of biodiversity. The aims of the present study were to test herbarium based data as sources to support conservation efforts and provide, based in the IUCN criteria, the...
- Genetic and morphometric markers are able to differentiate three morphotypes belonging to Section Algarobia of genus Prosopis (Leguminosae, Mimosoideae). Ferreyra, Laura; Vilardi, Juan; Verga, Anibal; López, Victoria; Saidman, Beatriz // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Jun2013, Vol. 299 Issue 6, p1157
The section Algarobia of genus Prosopis includes promising species for reforestation and afforestation programmes in arid and semiarid regions, mainly of the Americas. Many interspecific natural hybrid combinations have been described in this group. In this paper we analysed a hybrid zone in...
- Water. // Living in Pioneer Times: How Our Ancestors Lived Not So Long Ag;2003, p44
This article presents a list of plants which indicates the depth of water from the soil where they have grown, including cattails and mequites.
- NOMBRES NUEVOS PARA DOS ESPECIES MEXICANAS DE ACACIA (LEGUMINOSAE - MIMOSOIDEAE). Arce, Lourdes Rico // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2005, Issue 71, p89
In order to complete the taxonomic treatment of Acacia for the Flora del Bajï¿½o y de regiones adyacentes two nomenclatural changes are proposed. Acacia fusicarpa L. Rico substitutes Senegalia painteri Britton & Rose and A. amabilis L. Rico substitutes S. subsessilis Britton & Rose....
- Calliandra (Leguminosae, Mimosoideae) in Argentina. Hoc, Patricia S. // Darwiniana;1992, Vol. 31 Issue 1-4, p199
The present work deals with the taxonomic study of the species of Calliandra Benth. that grow in Argentina. As a consequence of this investigation, eight species distributed in four series, can be listed: Ser. Laetevirentes Benth., with C. formosa (Kunth) Benth. and C. portoricensis (Jacq.)...