RUBUS MACVAUGHIANUS SP.N. (ROSACEAE), UNA FRAMBUESA SILVESTRE DE POSIBLE INTERES HORTICOLA
- Skin Care's Cold Snap. Kroll, Betsy // Time;Autumn2007 Supplement, Vol. 170, p17
The article focuses on the growing popularity of the use of arctic berries in skin care products. The article discusses the benefits of the essential fatty acids and antioxidants found in the berries that make them desirable for skin care, and mentions Nordic and mainstream cosmetics companies...
- Wild Raspberries or Brambles. Ode, Dave // South Dakota Conservation Digest;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the four species of wild raspberries in South Dakota. These are red raspberry (Rubus ideaus), black raspberry (R. occidentalis) thimbleberry (R. parviflorus) and dwarf raspberry (R. pubescens). The red raspberry occurs in eastern and western South Dakota and its cultivars...
- REJUVENATION OF THE ASEPTIC CULTURE AND OBTAINING OF PLANTING STOCK OF ARCTIC BRAMBLE (RUBUS ARCTICUS L.). KONSTANTINOV, ANDREY V.; KHIMCHENKO, E. N.; KULAGIN, D. V. // Modern Phytomorphology;2012, Vol. 1, p189
This paper describes the effects of long-term cultivation of aseptic culture of arctic bramble and measures to overcome them. It has shown the sequence stages of subculturing for shoot culture rejuvenation in the paper. A method for acclimatization of arctic bramble regenerants to soil...
- primocane:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p74
A definition of the term "primocane" is presented. It refers to the vegetative first year cane of a bramble, like in the raspberry.
- Development of seedlings of watermelon cv. Crimson Sweet irrigated with biosaline water. da Silva, José E. S. B.; Matias, Janete R.; Guirra, Keylan S.; Aragão, Carlos A.; de Araujo, Gherman G. L.; Dantas, Bárbara F. // Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola e Ambiental - Agriambi;Sep2015, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p835
The limited access and the scarcity of good quality water for agriculture are some of the major problems faced in agricultural areas, particularly in arid and semiarid regions. The aim of this study was to evaluate the quality of watermelon seedlings (cv. Crimson Sweet), irrigated with different...
- Robus deliciosus. Borland, Jim // American Nurseryman;1/15/94, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p122
Discusses Boulder raspberry or Rubus deliciosus. Origin of the plant's name; Range of habitat; Fruits; Flowers; Propagation.
- Flowering in raspberry review. COCKSHULL, KEN // Horticulture Week;11/25/2011, p24
The article explores two kinds of raspberry, the annual- and biennial-fruiting types.
- Genetic diversity of arctic bramble (Rubus arcticus L. subsp. arcticus) as measured by amplified fragment length polymorphism. Lindqvist-Kreuze, Hannele; Koponen, Hilkka; Valkonen, Jari P.T // Canadian Journal of Botany;Aug2003, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p805
The levels of genotypic and genetic variation were estimated in six natural populations of arctic bramble (Rubus arcticus L. subsp. arcticus) in Finland. Using three primer combinations, a total of 117 amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP) were found. The results were highly...
- Nourse Farms. // American Fruit Grower;Apr2006, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p56
Presents information on several varieties of raspberry that are grown at Nourse Farms. Description of the Autumn Britten; Comparison between Caroline and Heritage raspberries; Fruiting season of Darselect.